Friday, February 14, 2014

Surprise!

What could the surprise be???  No we are not adopting again... this is actually a surprise photo blog of special photos that have not yet appeared on the blog. T has now been home over a year.  I was looking back on my extensive blogging during our time getting her and our time shortly after we got home and I realized that some photos were missing.  I felt like they needed to be missing at the time because I didn't want to cause any debates.  To most people these photos would not cause a debate, but to others they could.  In our cocooning with each child we decided to allow grandparents to meet us at the airport and spend a couple of days with us before the deep cocooning begins.  This has worked very well for us both times.

I hope you all enjoy these sweet photos from a year ago.  It is incredible to see how much T and M have grown in the last year.  We were so blessed to have our families meet us at the airport when each of our kids came home. 


M: So Grandma Judy was reading to me and L when mommy and daddy were still gone.

M: Then Grandpa Tom read some more because I really liked the book.


And then we came home!!!!  These photos are from a few cameras so they are not in order... but they are being posted 13 months late so really, order is not that relevant, right?!

The weary crew and the proud grandparents at the airport.
Loving Grandpa Daryl
So I did post this one a year ago... but had to post it again, JOY times 4 right here!

Why yes, we even let M try to give T a bottle right away... it only lasted a minute then mommy took over.

Meeting Grandma Kathy in the airport.  Necklaces are a huge hit!
Meeting Grandpa Daryl.  I am thinking she might not have been smiling here. 
 We did get many shots at the airport with all four grandparents holding T, but she wasn't really thrilled in them so I chose to just post the happier photos.


T: Just having a little play time with Grandma.

T: Well hello there Grandpa Tom
 This photo of T with Tom always reminds me of the photo below of M with Tom the day after he came home!
M: Check out my finger Grandpa Tom.

Getting to know Grandma Judy... not quite sure.

And now not quite sure about Grandma Kathy
The very best photo of my parents with their grandkids! 

No comments: