Saturday, March 29, 2014

Chinese New Year, Totes, and more!


 This post is a mix of pictures from several events that happened in January/February. 

T: Mom, I really can't pose now, I have corn chips that need to be eaten. 
 A note about the photo above.  Do any of you recognize the outfit?  We put in on T to celebrate one year with her.  This is the cozy oversized outfit she was wearing the day we met her in Ch!na.  Click HERE to see her a year ago! One year later it is still a bit to big is some places.  She looks like a typical Ch!nese little girl in this photo... minus the chips.


 The following photos are from Chinese New Year.  Last year you might recall we had a hilarious time trying to get photos of the kids in their CNY gear.  Check out the great photos HERE. Amazingly it seems there is something in the material of these clothes that causes my children to have the complete inability to pose for a photo.  I promise you all, these really are the best ones!

M: I will only smile if I can close my eyes!

T: She caught me! 

T: I'm going to get you!  M: I am faster!

T: Do you want to give baby a ride?  M: Sure, tell her to hop on!

M: I can "read" this entire book.  (He memorized it)
 In this journey towards healing and protection and love we have tried several different approaches to therapy.  The following photo is from our time trying to use containers to bring some calm to our home.  We had very limited success with this, but it was nice to use them during the Superbowl as all the snack crumbs had a nice place to stay.
Superbowl!  Super Family!  Super Containment!

M is fascinated with the attire of the characters in Bible Stories.  One day he decided to dress like he lived in Bible times.  He does have underwear on.  He learned he likes his "sporty clothes" a bit better than a dish towel. 
M: I am in King Saul's Army! 

M: I really look like the guys in the Bible Stories.

 This winter T really started to take a serious interest in drawing.  Usually she likes to draw everywhere but the place she is suppose to draw.  Magnadoodles don't allow her this option and I just love them.  She is learning skills and my house is protected from crayon, markers, and pens!
T: Mommy Wat Wat!  (Watch, Watch)

T: Where is the boat headed?  M: I think we are lost.  Eating our stuffed animals might be our only option.

M: Don't stop hugging me Mommy!
M: Maybe I do like having a sister!  T: This is great!

No comments: