Monday, March 31, 2014

Happy Birthday TWO our Sweet T.


I wrote much about T's milestones HERE when we celebrating T being home for one year.  T has been 2 now for about 6 weeks and that post is 8 weeks old so it is crazy and cool to think of all the ways T has grown and changed in just two months!

Here are a few new things since the last post:

~She is no longer obsessed with ice!  Whew!
~She has fully cut 16 teeth and we think is on a teething break, but the last few days she has been putting her whole hand in her mouth.  Could she really be getting her second set of molars just a couple months after her first set?  Seriously?
~She is talking up a storm!  She repeats everything we say, or at least parts of it.  She says many new words every day.
~She has fallen in love with reading!  She will request book after book after book!  She can even sit through non-board books if they are not too long. LOVE it!
~T has a favorite shape, the oval!  She LOVES ovals.  She finds them everywhere and want so read the "oval" (shape) book all the time. 
~She likes to actually walk on walks rather than ride in the stroller.  Oh dear, I think she forgot that her mommy and Charissa like to cruise in the summer and that she will have to stroll every now and then.  I think I will be able to lure her back in when she remembers that stroller trays have snacks!
~She loved her Birthday.  She loved the cake!  She loved the presents.  It was very low key and perfect!  It was on a Sunday so a very busy day for daddy with church stuff in the am and a service at a nursing home in the pm, but we did have some special time together after nap.

M and I decorated the kitchen early in the morning before she woke up.  She loved it!


T: "Happy, Cake, See, Ball"  (Happy Birthday.  I like cake!  Mommy look at those ball things hanging from the ceiling over there.)

M: I love getting my picture taken. (Check out T's "It's my Birthday" shirt!)

T: Classic 2 year old "Cheese" picture!

T: Heidi always knows the perfect gift!  I LOVE to draw!

T: My own pink ride on toy! Love it!

And this is how it feels when someone else has a Birthday... M did get to open many gifts as well.

The cake!  Gluten and dairy free and enjoyed by my family. 

T: Whoa look at that fire!  M: I will blow it out T.


T: whew (tiny tiny dainty blow)


M: Actually T you need to BLOOOW it like this!  T: Oh, OK!
T: Hmmm... not sure how this thing works?

M: T, you blow it just like this.


T: Got it!

Not sure if she ever really got it, but it was a nice distraction while I cut the cake.

T: This is good stuff mommy!

T: Like, really really good stuff!

M: I love the frosting!

A sweet moment captured!

T: The fork was slowing me down! (Aunt Joanna, please note that I needed to immediately wear my new skirt)

T and M: I guess we were a little thirsty!

2 years old in the red chair!

The best photo we got of just her... sigh!  She sure has grown since her first Birthday.  Check out those photos HERE!

No comments: