Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Early Spring Family Visit Part One


Over three months ago, well maybe close to four months ago... told you all I was really behind... Brandon's parents came up for a short weekend visit.  One of the huge highlights of the weekend was Grandpa Tom's trumpet.  M had been studying orchestra at CC and was sure he could play the trumpet.  He was so eager to play "doe a deer" and we tried to tell him how hard it would be. We were thrilled that Tom brought his trumpet and that M could make noise come out of it and hum that tune and other tunes as well.  They also brought marbles which are turning out to be a hit with T too.  We enjoyed time at a park, dinner at our favorite restaurant, church together, and of course some short dental exams. 


M: This is great jumping music Grandpa Tom.  T: Keep playing Grandpa!

M: (thinking) I am really playing a trumpet!

M: I wish I could keep this trumpet.  T: Ride the horsey... Ride the horsey...


T: So all I have to do is stick this whole thing in my mouth?  OK! 

M: Grandma Judy, I will blow and you play doe a deer with the keys.
We love reading with Grandma!

M: Yikes!!!  I am wearing a dress!  (Well son, you wanted to try it on.)

M: Make it tall Grandpa.  (M wears shorts year around, lest you think it is a more recent photo)

T: I like riding in style.
M: (thinking) I am laying really still!  T: How can I assist you Grandpa Tom?

T: (thinking) I don't know how much longer I can lay still.  M: OK Grandpa Tom, I think I can take over now.

T: Turn me loose Mommy, I don't think M knows what he is doing.  M: Lay still T, lay still!  These gloves are a bit difficult to work with.   (everything was fully supervised and safe, no worries!)

No comments: