Sunday, July 13, 2014

Our Time in Colorado in Pictures


You can read all about our time in Colorado HERE.  This post is all about the photos from the trip.


So traveling almost 40 hours round trip with a 4 and 2 year old requires a lot of snacks.  Traveling an hour each day in CO requires snacks.  We were left with a huge need for snacks.  Check out these snack bins!  I will say we came home with plenty of snacks for other summer roadtrips, but this mama likes to be prepared! 

SNACKS!!!!!! 

T: "Let Go Daddy" She was ready to climb in the car before she was even dressed!


Focus on the Family Institute had lots of fun things to check out! 

What a sweet family!

M on stage... a little shy at first.

He loved watching himself in the monitors.

M: I am the king of this bridge!

Enjoying a lovely canoe ride :)

Me: I am stuck in the tree.  M: Sit up mom Me: You are on top of me!  T: "Mama need help?"

M: Come on T. Check this out.  T: Tay Tay do it!

So sweet.

Aslan so cool, BUT... a bit like sitting on Santa's lap at the mall I imagine... the kids had a bit of fear sitting there.

M: I want him to catch me with his fishing pole.

T: "Man, Hi man"  M: Hey guy, reel me in!

LOVING sitting next to Smoky the Bear.  T: I wore my fire boots for you!

Cool old fire wagon

M: Hurry, Hurry there is a fire!  T: No M, this is a parade, smile at the people!

T:  Honk! Honk!  On my way!

M: I wonder what would happen if I pull this?!?

T: This is great.  Now I can see out the window.  Thanks "Gompa Tom"

Another cool old fire wagon.

T: "High Five?  Man, High Five?"  (bummed out that it was just a fake man)

A fire safety video coming out of a fire truck with flashing lights and sirens.  Hmmm... wonder if this will be a hit with my kids? :)

Yes, yes indeed.  The video was a HIT!

M: Now I look like a real firefighter and Grandpa Tom is my fire dog!

M: Can we please stand by the fire car?  T: "fi-ah car? peeee?" (so apparently being next to a real fire car was better than the trucks inside haha)

M: These Mountains (on my back)  are BIG! (I know buddy!  Jesus can move Mts and He is!) 

WOW!  Creation can't be captured by a lens!

The kids had SO MUCH fun with our friends kids.  A big box has the power to keep 6+ kids busy for quite a while!
M: These kids are great!  T: Gin! Gin!



M: 1, 2, 3 TIP!!!

M: I is a great wagon puller!

M: This is the best day of my life!

The boys and burgers! Check out M's huge smile.  It never stopped around these kids.

Let's Go Grandpa Tom!! 

Love this!

The "kissing camels" at Garden of the Gods.

Incredible views.

M: I love hiking!

Our family at Balancing Rock

Incredible Balancing Rock.  I could not wait to get our kids a safe distance from this rock haha.
Beautiful!  And while the grown ups took in the beautiful views, the children...

...played in the rocks!!!

T: Getting dirty with red rock is so much fun!

M: I found a great stick!

T: Need stick too!
Our neighbor dogs like to chew on sticks so we were battling T all trip to leave the sticks in CO as she wanted to collect them and bring them home to the neighbor dogs.  She then wanted to wait on the path for a dog she could give it to in CO.  Sweet girl.

Time for some tasty Ethiopian food!!!!

Still loving me some injera!  Trying to recreate the first photos of me eating injera. 
The original photos:
Throwback to 4 years ago eating injera in Ethiopia!

The first bite was so good!

Taking an Ethiopian food meal break to watch an ambulance drive by :)

Check it out if you are in Colorado Springs. 

M LOVED the Air Force Academy.  T enjoyed talking to the "man" behind the glass. 

M: Look at the real uniforms of the military people.  T: "Hi man" 

We took a small hike (which felt big in the elevation haha) to the chapel.  It was so cool. 

M: These are cool planes.  Me: I am not letting go (huge drop off)

Our view for the week from the end of our host's driveway. So peaceful.

Pike's Peak!

M with Dr. Tinker and Chubs M: Hey Chubs!

My usually cautious son really really enjoyed riding the zip line.  It was so much fun to see him enjoying it.
M: OK, Here I go!

M: This feels great!

M: I feel like I am flying.

The part of the crew that was interested in taking a picture.  T really connected with L.  So sweet.  I really connected with L when she was T's age so it was pretty special to see them enjoying each other!

Our family with our lovely hosts H and N! 

No comments: