Monday, July 14, 2014

The Grands Came Back!


In late June my parents came for a few days.  We had an adoption event at church that I was in charge of so we needed some extra help with the kids. The event went well and my parents were a HUGE help.  It was such a great visit.  Our weather here has been so cold so even though it was late June we still needed long sleeves and jackets.  Their first full day here Brandon and my parents took the kids to a favorite playground near us.  They all had a great time.  I was working like crazy at home.  My goal was to sort through the kids clothes bin and switch the seasons (of course leaving out a lot of long sleeves.)  This is the hardest chore to get done since the clothes are in the kids rooms and I can't really do it while they sleep.  I had over a years worth of clothes each had outgrown just thrown into bins and then the seasons so sort.  It was such a mess, but I got everything done before they got back and it felt awesome!!!! 

A king and a princess in the castle!



Making music!

T: Pay Mow Gompa Day-yah

This makes me smile.  Guess my dad was impressed :)


M: Grandma Kathy is great at rocking the boat!


T: Run!  Tip! Fun!


T: Hold on Gompa! M: What T?  This isn't even fast.
T: This is the perfect place to do the splits.  (we might be investing in some gymnastics lessons before too long.)


M: I can balance well!  (maybe gymnastics for both!)

M: Here comes fire fighter M!  (He can do it on his own, but help from his Grandpa is always good)


M: I am like a firefighter climbing up a wall!

M: This spinning is great.  T: I am getting a little dizzy M.

 
After naps we went for a walk/bike ride and happened upon a construction site.  M and T were fascinated and honestly I think we were all pretty impressed to see the big machines do their thing.  After the walk we grilled tasty food and the kids went to bed late.


M: I don't want to ever leave!


M:  My family likes watching too!

While Brandon was working the following day my parents and I took the kids up to a very special play place.  It is north of us and just a bit more inland.  The weather was warm and sunny.  A huge blessing and change for us after many days of fog and rain.  We all had a blast.  I am loving my parents retirement!

T: Standing still and pretending to be in a picture doesn't seem like much fun.

M: I am Pa and T is Ma.  Who is mommy? 

M: Baby Bear's chair is just right!

T: Take me for a ride big guy!

T: "Hi bear" "High five?"

T: I am trying so hard to smile with my eyes open!

M: Whew, this raking is hard work!

T: Bye Bye! 

A little cheesy and a LOT wonderful!  If only Baby A was there it would be a perfect Christmas Card.

Loving being read to at the park. 

Snacking and reading go well together!


M: I am just like Horton!


T: SAME!!!  (Her shirt matched the egg.)

Later that day we went on a walk to the Lake and then out to eat at our favorite place.  It was an excellent visit!

No comments: