Saturday, September 27, 2014

July Gems


This is quite a random posts of pictures from July.  I decided that since I already have 8 yes EIGHT blog posts in the works I needed to lump some photos together.  Enjoy this post and check back often as I hope to get back into posting now that all the photos have been uploaded to blogger!


This summer has been a summer of construction. While there have been many hassles associated with the roadwork and many naps ending early due to loud noises, there is something magical for little boys about construction.  Our neighborhood is full of little boys who are very much enjoying all of this action.  I should say that little girls like T enjoy it too, though her attention span for watching is very small compared to M.  She just has so many other things to do. M was lucky enough to sit in an excavator a couple of times.  This post shows one of this opportunities. 
I can't believe I am really in a real excavator. 

Daddy and I are very impressed. 

Brandon's Uncle Rick and Aunt Claudia spent a week in our area this summer and they decided to stop by and visit us.  The kids were so excited to tour them around and spend time with them.  In case you didn't figure it out, Rick is Grandpa Tom's brother.  I think T was a bit confused at first since their appearance is so similar. 


Grandpa Tom's brother is nice!

A little higher Uncle Rick

I missed the "wear red" memo!

Everyone look, I am higher than Uncle Rick, and he is really tall.

Our little T is so creative and such a little lady.  She enjoys pretending to cook with all of the pots and pans.  She sings away as she stirs.  She also gave me the opportunity to wipe out a couple shelves without having to move anything aside. 


"Mommy, I make you some soup.  OK?"
She loves to dress up and go "shopping" in a different room of the house.  Usually her outfits are hard to walk in and don't stay on for long, but she sure enjoys putting them on.  Note the headband, she truly believes they are meant to go over eyes.  I have no idea why, but she is convinced!
"Bye, see you later.  I going shopping."

One beautiful Sunday afternoon we decided to go to a local county park and take the kids on a hike and enjoy the Lake.  It was a beautiful day and the kids did quite a bit of walking.


Umm T, we really need to get going.


M: Yeah, good running T. T: OK.

T: I found one.  M: Watch how far I can throw mom! 

Hmm which rocks should we throw next?

So sweet!

I can throw really far!

M: "Look what I just pulled out of your ear."  This game lasted quite some time!

This summer Brandon took the kids on many Monday bike rides.  They always stop at a park to play before the return trip.  Both kids enjoy the "wooden park" and all of the fun play things there.  All the photos in this section are from the same day.  You might have noticed T's wardrobe change... Sometime dirty diapers happen...


M: It feels like I am climbing a mountain.

M: T we need to work together to drive this thing.  T:  What? OK. 

T: Keep spinning!  M: Actually, I am good with this dad!

M:  Look, we are finding a way to play together!

T: I wondering if I should jump off this.

Simple every day moments that fill my heart with joy.  Brandon and the kids reading, T "sleeping" and reading in her baby's crib, M eating his first every bun, T riding in M's new school back pack... such sweet children.

Heart warming!

T: Drinking fake juice out of a toy bottle is so relaxing!

T: Babies!  My favit!

M: Mom, I am seriously going to eat this.  Are you sure I can eat this?

M: Can you help me put this on?  T: I go to school too?  (Is this a sign that I "wear" my children a lot?)


I am so thankful that my  "two sweet boys" from my nanny days and their incredible mom Katie were able to come and visit this summer.  They stayed over night and the kids LOVED playing with them.  M loved playing sports and T loved doing whatever they were doing.  I so enjoyed seeing the boys, who still seem so tiny in my mind, as big boys.  They were willing to help and eager to play with my kids.  It was a surreal thing to see them all together.  It was a blessing to be able to chat with Katie and of course eat lovely food too.  I am so thankful that we continue to stay connected to this special family. 

T: A is good at pushing me.

M: Wow, that is high!

M: I am so glad that E and A like to play baseball!

Everyone is ready!

Yummy!!!

T: My fend E, my favit!  Block towahs, my favit!



No comments: