Sunday, October 26, 2014

Awesome August Moments


This is a variety of photos from many things that happened in our family WAAAAY back in August.  It seems like yesterday and here we are almost in October. 

M: Daddy's Aunt Val sent me a card so I sent her this pic of my Curious George pose.
All summer long T has LOVED to weed.  She will squeal with delight if she sees the opportunity to weed.  She can do this activity for a hour without stopping.  She understands not to pick flowers and has learned which plants are "ouchy" as well. 

T: No time to smile Daddy, I have weeds to pull.

T: Yes, I am always barefoot.
After playing (and weeding) at a park the kids and Daddy stalked a fire station and were blessed to be invited inside.  Once inside the fire fighter told the kids they could get into a fire truck.  They even got to sit in the driver's seat.  They were pretty impressed!

M: Yahoo!  I love the fire station!!!
M: We are off to the fire!

After many summer road trips our van looked like bags of chips had been emptied all over in it. I guess that makes sense as I am sure that did happen.  M and Brandon got to work cleaning it.  M needed a little help focusing on cleaning the van... and not the driveway.

M: Dad, watch me suck up this stick!

M: Hey, it really went in there.

M: Please can I just clean this area?

M: OK, I guess I can clean the van.

M: This is pretty fun.  We got it really clean!

Some days you go to the bathroom and don't hear screaming and fighting and you wonder what in the world is going on.  One time I witnessed the miracle below.  My son reading to his little sister.  My heart smiled. 
So sweet!

M: It is important to wear biking gloves at all times!

M: I was protecting T.  T: I a fire fighter.

M: Let's sit down and watch all day.  T: OK. 
In August we went south of the border to visit the family I nannied for (two sweet boys).  We had much fun, but I failed to take photos, except of my little weeder.


T: Mommy, look at all these weeds.  I don't know where to begin!
T: This is SO MUCH fun!

T wanted to sit next to B at the Baptism picnic. 

Slide trains are the best!

M: E taught me how to hang upside down and pull up my feet.  Do I look like Stellaluna?

T: When I bigger I hang just like M.
Nikky and Jake were able to visit us for a few days in August.  The time together is always too short, but we did our best to pack in time by avoiding sleep and talking the night away.  Lots of wedding talk and essential oil sniffing.  We created "Christmas" scent.  Yum! We only took one photo... sigh.

Grilled food!!!!
What started as posing by some big excavators ended with kids getting to play inside of one.  They were at the right place at the right time.  What a blessing!!
Pretty fun to have this happening almost literally outside our door!

M: My colors matched the excavator. 

M: Watch out everyone I am ready to work!

M:  I guess I can give you a quick smile.

T: This is intense.  M: Can I please get back in there?

M: I really am a construction man!

No comments: