Thursday, October 30, 2014

First Day of School in photos


Much has been written about M's first day of school HERE!  He has been going now for an entire month and he still LOVES it.  The honeymoon isn't over.  He is doing great in school.  He is making friends.  He is learning SO much!  I assumed that the home school mom in me would have a hard time with all he is learning (without me) but that is SO FAR from the truth.  I love hearing all that he is learning and stories of all his school activities.  M is a great story teller so we get to hear the play by play from each day.  I feel so much peace in knowing this was the best choice for our son.   His teacher is incredible.  I feel like she has read every single book on Special Education and put every amazing idea into practice.  She makes the most of each moment.  On top of that she is "famous" as her brilliance led to the amazing playground we now have in our community for children of all abilities.  This playground even found its way to an article in Reader's Digest.  That makes her famous, right?  Thank you for your continued prayers for him and for our family!

M's sign "I want to be a football man"

M: It sure takes a lot of gear to be in preschool.  (Just fulfilling the supplies list buddy.)

M: You can't see my sign, but it was still my first day of school.

Look at that smile.

pretending to be so very sad.

The "Kissing Hand" to the rescue.

M: Oh boy here comes the bus!

M: Yes, I am really going to ride on this bus!

M: I was super duper excited!

Such a big boy!!!

And after school...
Big man walking off the bus by himself!

M: I will tell you all about it mom!!

T: "I say, Kias, how your morning at school?"  (She loves to ask him how things went)

No comments: