Monday, October 27, 2014

Incredible Black Bean Brownies!

I love to cook, but there is one recipe that people request more than any other recipe... Black Bean Brownies!  They are so tasty and protein filled and EASY to make.  If I was the crafty/pintrest/instagram type I would have photos and pins for this baby because, seriously, this recipe is worth it.  Since I don't I will simply just share the recipe and let you appreciate it.  A word of warning: While it is very possible to consume an entire pan of these bad boys, one must remember it contains an entire can of black beans. :)


Black Bean Brownies

Pour the following into your blender:

1 can of drained and rinsed black beans
3 eggs
1/2 cup raw honey (or any honey)  I do a VERY scant 1/2 cup, more like 1/3
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/4 cocoa powder
1tsp vanilla (make sure to check if gluten free)

Blend until liquidish

Pour into oiled (I use a bit of coconut oil) 8x8 pan (or 9 in round pie plate)
Bake for 30 min at 350. 

So simple.  Almost no dishes.  TONS of protein.  We let our kids eat it for a meal.  I am not joking.  If you want to really up the protein you can sub 1/2 (or more) or the oil for natural unsweetened peanut butter.  The peanut butter taste is awesome too! 

No comments: