Thursday, December 18, 2014

Greats and Grands and College friends!


This fall we made several trips to my home state.  Brandon was the speaker at a Cru conference and we tagged along and stayed with my parents.  It was a blessing that a dear friend from college was in the area and able to spend some time with us.  We also had professional photos taken of our immediate and larger family.  Very special memories.  We were all  thankful to see Brandon again at the end of the weekend.  The kids ROCKED it on the drive home and we didn't stop a single time.  Over 6.5 hours of car time with zero stops.  Sure we limits drinks, the snacks flowed freely, and the DVD player worked hard, but we NEVER stopped!!!! 


On the way to my parents' home we stopped at my grandma's house.  She played "bus" with the kids on the stairs.  The loved it, but didn't really enjoy sitting still.
Riding the bus!

It was such a blessing for my friend Amanda and her girls to join us.  My kids loved her kids.  They played pretty well together.  It was very challenging to get them all in the same screen!

M: Come on girls, let's play in the corn!

Everyone together!

M: And then you will never guess what happened...

Telling stories!

M wanted to be right in the middle of the girls!

Abounding Joy!

M loves Uncle Bret's farm toys.  He can find unique ways to haul many things at the same time.

T: Weeee  M: Keep hanging on T!

A little chillier than the summer!

On the long ride home I looked in one of my "kid mirrors" (yes I have two kids and two kid mirrors... I highly recommend it) and saw this little girl totally relaxing in her seat!
This is the life!  Snacks, movies, and stretching out!

No comments: