Sunday, December 21, 2014

Picture Card Confessions

 Taking a one day break from photo blog catching up to bring you the status of my door decorations!

I LOVE Christmas Cards!  It is so much fun to get the mail in December... and January because we have lots of busy friends and New Year's cards work great too! I especially love Christmas Cards with photos.  I realize that some people look at them once and toss them.  I realize others hang them up for a couple of weeks or store them in a cute basket throughout the holiday's and then toss them.

I hang them on our garage walk door and basement door ALL year!  I add announcements we get throughout the year and don't take them down until the next Christmas.  At that time they go into a ziplock bag to be enjoyed and appreciated years from now.  Is this hoarding?  Not to me!  It is appreciating those special people in our lives!

I grow to love the faces of the door.  Dear friends come to mind often when I walk past them frequently.  We lift them up in prayer!  My kids learn the names of my college friends.  It is lovely.

These photos become a conversation piece in our home with almost all of our guests.  It is often fun for them to find people they know or people we often talk about.

These photos connect my children to other adoptive families.  We trade Christmas cards with many of the families who had little ones in M's orphanage and many of the families we traveled with bringing T home.  It is so special for our kids to see these families.  They love seeing pictures of families who look like our family.

I truly hope this is a tradition that I can pass on to my children!  I would love for it to outlive me.  I guess this means that with all of the technology available, people need to keep sending real paper cards!

Here are our doors right before I had to undress them.  They are starting to fill once again.  Oh the joy  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year... and even Valentine's Day works too!



No comments: