Thursday, January 1, 2015

2841

At the beginning of 2014 I wrote a post HERE about the praise and blessing journal I was writing in.  Go ahead clink on the link.  It is a short post and crucial to understanding the rest of this post. 

Friends, I stuck with it.  I did write five or more blessings every day and it was SO worth it!  OK, I think there might have been a few really hard days that I only got 4 and those four were things like "new mercies each day, a heater that works, etc."  One rule in this was not to write the obvious blessings, but just the ordinary every day life joys of the day.  I said at the beginning of the year that 1000 would be too small of a goal.  Well, you might have guessed it from the title, 2841 was the grand total.  The last blessing was the journal (two of them filled) itself.  In the midst of a very very hard year, it is a testimony that God is working through trials.  There are always reasons to have joy.  2841 is a very small number compared to the number of actual blessings I have experienced this year. 

It is so special to page through the journal and see my dear friends listed over and over again.  It is special to remember the joy.  Another rule was no negatives in there, at all, even things that turn better later... no negatives at all!  There was SO MUCH joy! 

So today is January 1st.  I have a new journal ready to write "1" in.  Who is with me?  It is simple, cheap, and has the ability to change your perspective every day! 

Today let us think about things that are True, Noble, Right, Pure, Lovely, Admirable, Excellent, and Praiseworthy! This was Paul's advice in the face of suffering (See Philippians 4) and I joyfully agree!

No comments: