Thursday, March 26, 2015

Surgery Day/Night Part Four

Wow!  I am not sure if I should say the night was looong or short.  After I finished the last post I sent a quick email to hubby and family and just as I hit send M started coughing.  Coughing and not sleeping were the main themes of the night.

He and I slept off and on between 9:30 and midnight.  A nurse came in to give meds etc at midnight and I really woke up.  M went back to sleep for an hour then woke up wide awake and in pain.  I later learned that he thought it was daytime.  We got more IV meds and watched a movie. I was wide awake for a while too.  I was really missing Facebook at this point.  I was thinking about all my lovely friends living on other parts of the world that I could chat with and ask to pray.  Oh well, I did log in a lot of desperate mommy prayers and nodded off and on as the movie played.  I came to realize that melatonin (or lack of melatonin) is pretty hard on my son.  

I slept between 2:40ish and 4:00, but the nurse said that when she would do her rounds M's eyes were open.  Poor wide awake guy longing for morning.  We both slept pretty well from 4:30-6:00.  Then after meds etc we both slept another 30 minutes and the Dr. came in.  M is now back to sleep and told me he didn't need me to lay with him.  I decided to take this opportunity to update all of you.

He has not wanted any liquids overnight.  We will see if his will to go home is stronger than his will to not drink.

A nurse just came in and woke him up.  She was not quiet.  He coughed.  Sad boy needs his mama.  I think we are done sleeping. No proofing at all so ignore the typos.

No comments: