Friday, May 8, 2015

Week of the Young Child


This year we were introduced to something that has been happening in our community for a long time.  The week of the young child is a Kiwanis sponsored week of events for kids.  Because of schedules etc we attended two of the five events.  The kids really enjoyed each of them.  There were easily over 100 kids at each event.  We attended one event about dinosaurs and one about cool science stuff.  Each kid got to choose a free book to keep as well.  We are excited to be a part of this week again next year!


Making dinosaur molds


Making dinosaur outlines with white crayons and watercolor paint.

T's big brush really sped things up.

M's little brush ensured we were the last ones at the table. 

Safety gear required before they could begin searching for fossils. 

M: I need to be careful so I don't break any bones. 

M:  I think I see a T-Rex in here!

The second night Brandon took the kids and I got a bit of time off.  How lovely!

More safety gear as they mix.

So thankful for this crew

Wow!  The raisins are dancing!

T: Hey, I have great idea, let's go home and eat lots of raisins! 

M: Yes, I am thinking about raisins right now!

M: They really are dancing. 

One of their creations displaying oils, water, and syrup... three layers of density. 

No comments: