Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Last day of school and a big surprise for the kids



It is hard for me to believe that I am blogging about the last day of school when we are almost through with Summer School.  A blog about that and how incredible Summer School is will be coming soon.

The end of school was bitter sweet for all of us.  We loved the routine.  We loved the teachers.  We loved the other kids.  We loved the bus drivers. I loved the respite!  Eventually the final day did come.

I wanted some pictures of the kids the last day of school so we could compare them to the first day of school pics.  It was so M's last day of Pre-school forever.  He will be on to Kindergarten next year in the same building.

The final day ended on a strange note as M came home with the wrong kid's present bag and without his lunch box and T came home with the wrong extra set of clothes.  We hopped in the van and traded present bags with another boy.  His teachers thought of everything.  M had so many wonderful gifts for a summer of learning and having fun.  I cried seeing the pillow case made especially for M including his very favorite things.  Wow!  What a teacher!  What a gift!


M has really grown up a lot over the school year.  Look at these photos!

First Day of school!
Last Day of School!


But if you think M has changed... Check out T!

T's First Day!

T's Last Day!

More first day photos!
T's first day!
M's first day!


Last Day Backpacks!

Last Day - bus confidence!  


M's teacher retired this year.  I am very emotional about it because T won't be able to have this incredible teacher.  As she was cleaning out her computer she found a great pic of M and his buddies from the Christmas Party.

Three handsome friends! 

Little did our kids know that more surprises were in store for them later that day.  My parents arrived in mid-afternoon while T was napping.  I told M to come to the door as something for him arrived. You can see in the photo below that he was happy with his gift!

We had a great visit with my parents.  It is so special to have them here.  My mom brought two kinds of tasty cookies for us to enjoy.  One was so much like one of my childhood favorites.  I ate way too many way too fast, but I didn't even care.



M: Grandpa Daryl, I didn't know you were coming! 

It was a lovely day so we spent a lot of time outside!

T: Thanks for helping me Grandma Kathy!

M: I think I can probably swing and play soccer!

M: So, what's new Grandpa?  (yep, they are both chewing on grass)

M: I feel like a farmer when I do this. 
M grew a cherry tomato plant in his class this Spring.  It went from a tiny seed to a pretty substantial plant.  He was very excited to get it into the garden.  Thanks be to God it is still growing well.  Hopefully it will yield some tasty tomatoes this fall!

M: So, first I really need to dig out a hole for the plant. 


M: My beautiful tomato plant! 

Cookies when the kids are sleeping... it doesn't get any better! 

No comments: