Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Memorial Day Parade and Five Year Old Driver



Memorial Day was a bit stressful for two kids who had a few fun packed days with cousins, lots of extra adults, and lots of fun snacks.  Detoxing is always a bit of a challenge.  Thankfully our day started with something fun.  We went downtown to the parade.  We met up with some fun friends and then slowly made our way home.  We ran into friends along the way home which made the outing even more fun.  The more time out of the house the better, right?  M rode his bike down to the parade and the road it home!  This is a huge deal because he had to go up some intense hills to get home.  He made it all the way up St. Mary's hill without much help, but when we turned onto V. Street he needed some help pushing from behind the whole way.  This is understandable because the angle is insane.  I don't think I could ever bike up it.  So proud of him and his strong legs! 

M: A parade, ear protection, and Corey.  What a great morning! 

T: Yay Friends!  Yay Parade!

Sometime later that day the kids played in the car with Brandon... well maybe it was that day. Clothes don't help me identify which day things happen because my kids change clothes about three times a day.  I understand why of course.  Our weather changes a lot throughout the day so pants in the morning don't work in the afternoon and then after dinner they forget where their morning pants are and need a third set.  OK, that is more M... T just likes to change clothes :)  Anyway, one afternoon the kids and Brandon had a lot of fun in our good old 1999 Chevy Cavalier!  After seeing the pics.  I surely won't drive with him for a while.

M: If I get down here I can reach the pedals really well.  It is totally safe. 

M: Then I just shift right here. 

Brandon and T got a little bored with the driving lesson and decided to take some front seat selfies.  Our kids think playing in the front seat is the coolest!

T: Aww I like him! 

T: Look, my tongue is sticking out.  That is so cool, right? 

Tongue out, seat belts on, 5 year old at the wheel, door open... fun day! 

No comments: