Sunday, September 27, 2015

Future Fashionista T and more!

It feels like summer vacation was a long time ago.  In reality Summer ended just last week.  I guess that means this post is quite timely :)  All of these photos are from the four weeks of summer vacation after our MN trip.  The each really tell their own story. 

Just for fun, take a second look at this post and only focus on T's fancy wardrobe choices.  She has a fashion sense that is so far beyond my solid T-shirts and tennis shoes!  Oh how I love my daughter! 


Once Summer School was over the afternoons got pretty long for M.  M gave up naps (95% of the time) and T still needs naps.  This left us homebound.  We read at first, but I kept falling asleep.  Games and puzzles can be stressful.  M doesn't like Legos or really "playing" in general.  He loves sports and books!  I made a mistake and told M about TV.  Actually, I only told him about PBS.  It took one hot minute to create a TV addict.  Wow!  Thankfully now that he is in school, he watches no TV and very minimal video.  The photo below was going to be to capture them both staring at the TV.  M decided to add something to it that really fits perfectly with how screens affect him.

M: Maybe now she won't take my picture.  (haha, guess again!)

I mentioned making a big Plant Therapy order in my MN road trip post.  It was such an exciting day when all of the oils and the new diffuser arrived!  I must say that of the oils I got that day, the Kid Safe one for oder has gotten the most use!  We have some stinky shoe issues and the oil with baking soda really helps!

This is what a happy mail day looks like for Mommy!

Enough with the dramatic and boring, time to get to some more fun pictures.  M loves to bike.  T loves danger and adventure.  My heart soared when cautious M decided to bike down our stairs.  I knew it was safe and he did it so well.  I love that he sought this thrill for himself and mastered it without help!  Way to go M!


M: Going down stairs is fun! 

M: Almost down the stair!

M: Look at this action shot!
Sweet T is my little hoarder and my "project" queen.  She LOVES projects.  We recently set up some desks for each of the kids to do projects, but I am not surprised a bit that she prefers the floor in every room of the house instead.  She loves to cut scrap paper into 100's of pieces and leave it all over.  She loves to draw on paper, walls, floors, tables etc.  She loves stickers! One day she made something that was pretty creative.

T: Look Dad, I made a bus! 

We love getting together with other adoptive families.  We were able to get together with this family twice this summer.  What a blessing for the moms to talk and the kids to play!  My kids thrive around big boys, so these kids are a recipe for joy for each of them! The photo below is the only one in the post where T is wearing an actual outfit of real clothes!

M and T:  Our friends came!!!!

T thinks garden snacking is the best.  Some kids might snack on cherry tomatoes, but not my T!  T loves chives and green onions.  Most days you can find her standing by the plants munching.  Sometimes she is sneaky, but her breath always gives her away!

T: These chives would be just the thing!
T: Sure I will smile for you! 

T: Now I really must get back to eating! 

One night our dear friends and neighbors came over for dinner.  The brought some amazing food to share, and some very special after dinner entertainment.  They got a fun rocket launcher thing and the kids were thrilled to try it!  T had a hard time getting enough power to launch the  rocket off the stand.  She got some help and figured it out.  So much fun!

T: Hey, nothing is happening! 

T: Wade had to help me a little. 

M:  I am powerful!!!
M: It was just a blur in the air! 
This summer we had to say good-bye to some great neighbors.  M and T really really loved playing with twins M and L.  They lived very close to us and were the topic of much conversation, thought and play.  The boys were so much fun for both of our kids to play with.  We are excited for their new adventures, but our kids sure do miss them.

M: M and L are great buddies!!! 

We got another bag of wonderfulness (hand me downs) this summer.  T could not contain her joy.  She tried on about half the contents of the bag in the first hour.  The swimming suit in the photo is currently one of her favorite clothing items.  I would guess she is wearing it in her bed right now.  She loves the ruffles.  She loves the material.  She loves the amount of exposed skin.  This girl...

T: Thanks for the awesome clothes C!
I decided to take a picture of a somewhat typical family room by mid-day in the summer.  M loves order and structure.  T LOVES messes, hoarding, dumping, noise, and clutter.  She wins most days.   I am so thankful for baskets and organization so that everything can be very quickly picked up!

Any day in our home! 

T thrives on wearing random clothes that don't match at all.  This picture looks sort of like a "That's Funny" page in the High Five magazine.  She is wearing a fire fighter suit without pants (probably has the swimming suit on under it), two non-matching dress-up shoes, one adult glove and her tutu doggie purse!
T: I am ready to go to the park! 

The tomatoes are looking good!  

I saved the best for last! One Sunday morning this is what T insisted on wearing/bringing to church.  She is wearing a tutu, infant sun hat and non matching dress-up shoes. She is bringing a picnic cooler filled with things she "needs," her doggie purse and a big stuffed cat!  I am so glad Brandon was right by the door to capture this photo.  I am also thankful for the amazing nursery staff that playfully got her to put on real clothes before the service was over!

T: I am ready for church mom! 

No comments: