Saturday, September 12, 2015

The day after... we have GREAT friends!


The BIG FESTIVAL was over.  We were SO TIRED!  I am not sure if we looked as tired as we felt, but we were very tired.  I have not felt that tired since China jet lag.  We made it through church.  After church some dear friends asked us if they could take our kids to their lake place for the afternoon.  I knew they needed naps, but we said YES!

 I think I fell asleep standing up while the kids were trying to unlock the back door.  It was bad.  The kids were melting.  It was not even 11:00am.  We decided to all just take a nap.  No lunch, no snack, just nap.  I was so sleepy that I even put on a nightgown.  I laid down with M and was probably asleep before his head hit the pillow.

We all woke up close to 2:00 and ate something.  Our friends came and took the kids and Brandon and I had a lovely afternoon together.  It was a perfect weather day.  Fires in Canada had created gray Lake days for a while, but not that day.  The view at the end of our block was great.  Brandon and I walked all around downtown.  It was so much fun to walk around the lake and not try to keep kids from falling in.

When we got home we received a text that the kids were having a great time and they were going to stay an extra hour.  That was fine with us.  We played some games and got dinner ready.  It was a lovely day.  It turns out that some of our dearest friends and their kids were also at the lake house.  The kids had lots of playmates and really enjoyed their time!



The view from the end of our block... we do live close to the Lake!
A zoomed in view!

Yep, it was seriously just us!  No kids... lots of sun! 

We turned into tourists taking pictures because it was such a beautiful day!

A view of the city from one of the parks right on the Lake.  

While we were enjoying the Big Lake.  M and T were enjoying a smaller lake! These pictures make me tear up every time I look at them.  We have such incredible friends!  Wow!

T: Jeff is a really good driver!

T sort of aborted the water mission in exchange for a cozy couch and cartoons so she isn't featured in the photos below.  I was assured that she was having a great time playing with the other little girls!
M: Swimming with Jesse and J is great!

M: This is pretty cool!

M: Can we do this every day? 

M: This is the life!

JUMP!!!

M: I don't ever want to leave!

M: Look at me swim!

M: Being in the water is a great time to think. 



No comments: