Tuesday, October 20, 2015

A Super Weekend

The HUGE Auction (over 300 bid items)
The events of this big weekend are all quite a blur.  As some of you might know, I had jury duty last month.  I ended up getting a trail the week of our big adoption event.  I had to serve 20 hours during the two days before the event.  It was wild and stressful and I just realized I was holding my breath as I was typing.  Yes indeed, I am so glad to be done with this service.

Anyway, I went right from jury duty mode to event prep mode.  Two minutes after I arrived home after jury duty, my parents arrived.  I didn't even greet them, just walked out the back door and thanked the Lord that they were here, my service was over, and we all survived.

I am SO THANKFUL that my parents were here to help.  They are incredible.  I was out the house most of the time they were here.  My mom made the meals and cleaned up after them.  She put kids to bed and read and played.  My dad played A LOT with the kids. He and M threw the football for a long time. There isn't much better during a stressful time than knowing that your mom and dad are here to help.  They knew what I needed without asking.  Mom was able to take T home for a nap on the event day.  Dad stayed back at church and helped with take down.  Not only was it amazing to have their help, it was also amazing for them to see what the big event is like and to be a part of the fun!

The event went so well!  It was our best year ever for promotion and for guests from outside the church.  The weather was perfect! Countless hours of volunteering combines to create an incredible day for adoptive families and for the community!  We feel so very blessed to be a part of it all!

The run begins! 

M started the run strong! 

I got to push J and eventually L and J.  I wish we would have realized that at least two of the tires were flat.  It was a long 5K! 

Morale was low so all three kids piled in the Burley! 
Brandon RAN with 3 in the Burley... in jeans... 

About to cross the finish line!

My dad was getting a bit competitive at the finish line. 

Almost the last ones, our weary crew made it to the finish line! 


M NEEDED this car and I bid over twice the value to win it! 

No comments: