Thursday, October 1, 2015

Monday Funday times THREE!

Brandon's day off is Monday!  After summer school was complete we had five Monday's before the start of school.  We decided to make the most of them.  I already wrote about our time traveling and our amusement park, so that leaves a few Monday Funday family days to tell you about!  We always kept our plans a secret until right before we got in the van!

We live somewhat near a very fun park which brings storybooks to life.  It is very interactive and the kids both love it.  Brandon had never been there so we decided it would be a perfect place to visit.

M: Listen to my tune!

T: We are both ballerinas!

T: I have no idea what this is all about, but Mommy asked me to put my leg on this bar, so I did.  

T: There was a stuffed bear (Pooh) in there.  It sure is a tiny house! 

Aww, pioneers! 

M: It would have been a LOT Of work to live back then. 

The Three Bears!  One bear wanted to sit with mama!

M: When I hit this, it will be LOUD!

T: Hi Daddy.  Welcome to be tea house!

T: Ok, now I will pout you some tea!

The Very Hungry M!

The Very Hungry T!

T: This is just like "Click Clack Moo" 

M: I need some paper so I can really do this!

T: Wilbur and I needed a rest!

T: The "Some Pig" spider web wasn't really real.  

This park happens to be right near the PGA location in our area. We attended it the day after the championship.  It was fun to see this new exhibit!

T: Why do you want a picture by a flag? 

A replica of Whistling Straits. 

Giddy Up sheep! 

M: Which pig house should we go in? 
After a fun time at the park we decided to surprise the kids again.  We took them to a splash pad near the park.  M loved getting wet.  Shockingly, T was more timid.  We do not often see the roles reversed.  It was very interesting.

Having fun! 

M: Come on T, this is fun! 

M: I got so wet from that thing!

T: I just liked staying on the edge. 

M: Every part was fun!

T: The little sprinkles were the best!
After they got dried off they decided to play on the horses at the park.  I remember riding horses just like these as a little girl.

It took a lot of work at first.

They both figured it out!
So this is where our plan sort of went south fast.  When our track record was visiting grandparents, an amusement park, and then the fun day above... the kids were expecting something HUGE and we were looking for free and local :)  We maybe should have swapped the order of some of the events, but oh well, we made it through.  We did a big hike down to the water. We had to go down (and up) 96 stairs.  It was a big job.  The kids were pretty tired.

T: Our Lake is really big! 

M: I can't even stand straight I am so tired! 
M: I hiked the whole time!  T: I am NOT going to look at the camera!

T: OK, I guess I changed my mind. I like to smile! 
That evening we had a fun night at lake home.  Some friends of ours own it and hosted a little dinner thing there.  The kids had fun fishing and playing.  They were sad it was too cold to swim.

M: I bet with my net I can catch a fish yet! 

Lots of focused fishermen and women!

M: I caught one!!!
T: I am pretty flexible!!!  
I stayed up very late that night. One of my best friends (Charissa) was about to have a baby and I got to occupy her thoughts by sending her an obscene about of FB PM's to keep her mind from the contractions.  It was one of the most special nights of my life in many ways.  I was blessed to be a tiny part of a tiny part of A's birth story.  It is hard to believe that Baby A is now one month old.

Our final Monday Sunday was spent at a local nature center.  Some friends gave us a free pass.  I was very excited to see the center and hike there.  The camp counselor in my loves this stuff.  Actually, my parents both love this kind of stuff so genetics and family of origin plays a big role too.  Well, my children do not share my genetics.  Things went south pretty fast.  The grass was long, the bugs were threatening, there wasn't anything cool (like a man made plastic jungle gym haha).  We ended up bailing early and going to a local (tiny) park.  This was also a bust so we headed home.  This trip came at a traumaversary time so life was just pretty hard.  We caught some smiles though!

We checked out a very cool tree house!

M: I did find a big stick! 

T: I found a stick too! 

M and T: But this is how we really felt! 

Me: Man I wish I brought along the Ergo and the Beco! 
Maybe some day we will go back and hike again and enjoy it!  I am still hopeful.  Over all our Monday Funday's were a huge success!!  Hopefully we will continue the tradition next summer!

No comments: