Sunday, November 22, 2015

Corn Maze, Petting Zoo, and Apple Picking!



We had several warmer weekends in October this fall.  The day we chose to hit up a corn maze it was pretty chilly so we dressed for the weather and managed to stay pretty warm.  This year we decided to go to a new corn maze.  It ended up being perfect for our family.  It was a shorter maze which was great because M led us through it without getting us turned around.  He actually had a lot of fun.  T was in the Ergo most of the time and didn't enjoy it as much.  Maybe they both will next year.

We were thrilled to learn that the corn maze place also had apples to pick and a petting farm.  We have never gone apple picking because it seems the bees are always so bad around orchards.  I mean, it is good for the orchards to have bees, but I just don't like to be around the bees with my kiddos.  Anyway, a brisk October day is perfect for apple picking because there were no bees around at all.  M learned about apple picking at school and was an expert at twisting and pulling.  We could eat all we wanted and didn't have to pay for them.  Pretty fun!  We didn't get many animal pictures, but they had the typical petting farm animals.  I would give this little fun farm two thumbs up!

*We went back and forth to apples and animals so the pictures are not in perfect order.


Ready for our aMAZEing adventure!

M: I think we should to this way! 

M: See, I told you this was the right way! 
A sea of apple trees!
Apples!!!!

M: First you twist, then you pull!


M: Sometimes you get a little stem.  That is fine!

M: Victory!!!!

T: I want all of them!


M and T: Yummy!!!!

Serious Apple Eaters!

T: It was just the girls!!!

T: Hi there Mr. Goose!

T: I think he wants to give me a kiss! 


M and T: We love adventures with Daddy! 

M: Look, I am a sun!



T and M: We love apples and school buses!

M: I was a REALLY MEAN ghost!

T: "Aww look at that big rabbit." (true quote so we had to get a picture even if she was grumpy!

A happy afternoon at the farm!

Cool shadows to end the day! 

No comments: