Sunday, December 20, 2015

Gluten Free Donuts, Turkeys, and Fake Injuries



Donuts:

A couple of weeks ago T and I were shopping at a local store and we were walking through the freezer section.  As I walked by something caught my eye.  I did a double take.  It was true!  The store had boxes of Gluten Free Donuts!  I quickly read the label twice and they were dairy free too.  M has been asking for donuts for years.  GF bakeries never seem to have them.  I have looked at many online menus and it seemed like they didn't exist, and all along they were right here in my area.

We bought a box and brought them home to surprise M.  T was very excited so the surprise didn't last long.  She could not wait to have them for "ta-sert" that night.  Interestingly enough, neither kid really loved them.  Brandon finished T's and M saved some of his for the next day.  Brandon told me that they were very good donuts and he would gladly eat more of them later if needed.

Both kids stopped eating the donuts so they could eat some zucchini bread I had made the day before.     Yes, I was grinning from ear to ear as I watched this unfold!  I am thankful that their tastebuds prefer whole foods over processed!

It will be nice to have the donuts handy for special events.  The kids will be able to bring something special too.

T: This is my forced smile face. 
M: I was pretty good, I guess. 
Turkeys:

M made two different turkey centerpiece decorations before Thanksgiving.  They were not very transportable so we left them here during our Thanksgiving travels.  Just in case they don't make it until next Thanksgiving I wanted to have a couple pictures of them.  I am so very thankful for all the wonderful projects and crafts they do at school.  Projects stress me out. It brings me great joy to see the pride they have in the work they bring home!  Hooray for art class and great classroom teachers!

A couple of great looking turkeys 

The artist with his turkeys
Each week at iGnite has a theme.  The kids have the option of dressing like the theme.  M really likes to dress like the theme each week.  T really likes to dress like a princes each week, no matter what the theme is.  A couple of weeks ago the theme was "Fake Injury."  What a fun theme.  M decided to go minimal this time because fake injuries might slow him down in games.  T decided she was all in and enjoyed the gauze on her head and body.  They were so proud when they came to the kitchen to show me! T insisted in wearing the latex gloves as well.  Hmmm...


They look so injured, don't they? 

No comments: