Friday, December 25, 2015

Her First Recital!


Our Sweet T was more than a little excited about her big recital.  I was able to get her to hold still for a couple of minutes to get a bun in her hair.  It did stay all night which sort of shocked me.  Brandon attempted to get a picture of her before the recital, but she never stopped moving so we only have pictures of her business.

Because parents don't observe the dance class we didn't really know what her class would do to perform.  Brandon thought they would just be playing a little game or something without actual steps.  The class is called "Creative Movement" and we didn't expect much.  We were shocked to see the kids do an actual dance with actual steps.  We were even more shocked to see that T was usually doing pretty much what she was supposed to be doing.  All the little kids were darling.  She was standing in the front of the stage, but then just before her dance she moved to the back and the far side, silly girl.

The rest of the recital was interesting.  I was sort of surprised by the relaxedness of it all. I am used to all the kids knowing all the moves and very polished routines.  This was not polished at all.  I found my spirit critical at times of the lack of quality in the dancers and the recital night.  However, after the recital the main teacher shared such beautiful things from her heart. She shared that dance is a gift from the Lord.  She said that it might be fun to learn a few new things at dance class, but they don't dance to please people.  She then asked the kids, "Who do we dance for?" and they all shouted JESUS.  Wow, wham!  I was hit with a ton of bricks.  I looked at all the families in the audience.  They were all families like mine who love their children and love Jesus.  All the moms are kind to each other.  There isn't a catty spirit at all.  The children were all wearing what they felt comfortable in, and they were all beautiful.  I was suddenly so very thankful to be a part of this dance program.  Sure, it might not produce the quality of a dancer that some of the other programs will produce, but it will produce the qualities of a human that I desire to see in my daughter!  OK, maybe I got a little deep for a first recital post.  You all really just want to see the beautiful pictures, right?

After the recital we tried to get some family shots.  We got a couple of random good ones.

T: Mommy was putting a princess bun in my hair. 

T: Once I had on my dress and tights and shoes, I couldn't stop dancing. 
T: See, more dancing. 

T: This is my favorite Prince.  His name is Daddy. 
T: Before my dance I was standing right in front of Daddy.  Then I moved.  Do you like my wings? 
T: I just had to check out something on the floor before the song. 

T: We were doing the marshmallow dance. 

T: We all put our arms out!

T: This is all the girls in the show!

T: My teacher Miss Chloe talking about me. 

T: My teacher gave me (and each child) a rose. 

T: I was so glad that Curt and Deb came to my recital!
T: This is my wonderful teacher, Miss Chloe!
M: We were proud of T.

Genuine Joy!

Our family after the show!

M: I was glad that Curt and Deb came too!

T: I just didn't want the night to end!  

No comments: