Monday, April 11, 2016

Our week with Grandma and Grandpa


I wrote about our trip to Mexico without the kids HERE.  While we were in Paradise, our kids were having a wonderful time at home with Grandma Judy and Grandpa Tom.  I will let them tell you all about it with these photos.  Check back tomorrow to see photos of Brandon and I in Mexico!

After Mommy and Daddy left we were a little sad.  We made volcanos and then built a fort in the front room.
M: Fort making isn't easy.
T: I loved being cozy in the fort.  M: We brought some books inside too. 

T: I was cozy.  M: Read this Grandma Judy!
M: Grandpa Tom snuggled with us too!
Grandma and Grandpa did a great job getting us ready for school all week.

M: I was ready early!

T: I wore real clothes!
One day I (T) decided to wear PJ's to school!

T: I am ready for school. 

T: Look at my cool hairstyle!
We got a lot of snow when Grandma and Grandpa were here.  We went sledding!

It sure was pretty.

M: Let's head up the hill Grandpa. 

T: Grandpa held my hand!

We had lots of fun sledding. 

M: We decided to relax at the bottom of the hill. 
We went to iGnite.  It was stripes vs. dots night.  I (M) wore stripes.  T wore a princess dress because she always wears a princess dress.

T: I look like a movie star!

T: One day I dressed all sporty for school.  I hope M saw me. 
M: I just couldn't get enough of my new library book.  
We didn't have school on Friday so we got to go to to the children's museum.  We had so much fun.  There were a lot of people.  Grandpa Tom wrote his phone number on our arms and put it in our pockets.

T: Can I take your order Grandpa Tom? 

T: Where would you like to go? 

T: I had so many things to buy.  The basket was way too small. 

M: I hope this coffee was grown in Ethiopia!

T: Hey Debbie, I look just like you!

M: This map thing was interesting. 

M: I chatted with a few people. 
M: Harley's are big!
T: I feel like a biker girl!
We found some gear!

M and T: We really pulled the biker look off well! 

M: So this ball race thing was really cool. 

M: They had LOTS of potato head stuff. 

M: I love my Grandma

M: They had some bigger kid stuff that I could figure out.

M and T: We got to eat lunch at the museum!
Later that afternoon (Friday) I (M) started to feel sick.  I had a fever.  I never threw up, but I was sure sick.
M: Grandma Judy's lap was a cozy nap spot. 
T: I got to open a present from my cousins.  I got a beauty salon set.

T: I can't wait to try this out!

T: Look at my hair!

T: Who wants to come to my beauty shop? 
T: Grandpa came to my shop and I gave him some curlers!
On Saturday morning we were supposed to have tennis and swimming, but I (T) just went to tennis by myself since M was sick.

T:  I got all ready and sporty (see my "fleece") for tennis.
T: I was so excited to see the pretty girl teachers!  Do you like my tennis shoes? 

T: It was pretty fun. 

T: My hair looked great.

T: I hit it over the net. 
Later that day we made volcanos.

M and T: We always love volcanos...

...and books
...and more books... and cuddles!
We had a great week with Grandma and Grandpa.  We were a little bit nervous when Mommy and Daddy left.  We were also excited about our week with Grandma and Grandpa.  We felt very safe with them and we had A LOT of fun.  We were so happy when Mommy and Daddy came home.  Grown ups come back!

No comments: