Thursday, April 7, 2016

Swimming Lessons


Last fall Brandon and M started a parent/child swimming class.  M was very fearful of the water at first, but grew to love it by the end of the first session.  I can't say enough about parent/child swim classes.  The bonds and attachment that happened in the water are amazing.  Brandon and M's relationship has flourished this year and we feel like swimming lessons are a huge part of the growth.

M moved up to the next class over the winter.  The second class started with parents in the water, but transitioned to parents watching for the second half.  Brandon was amazed each week by M's growing confidence in the water.  As I type this, M just had his first day of the next level of swimming lessons and he did very well.  He was so thankful to have the same teacher as last session.  There are only 5 kids in his class!  What a blessing!
M: We were getting ready to just into the water in the deep end!

M: Then our whole class swam in the deep end!
M: Look at me, I was in the lead!
M: I really like the diving board.  I can go off it now without having someone catch me!

M: Here I go!
M: Look at me in the air!
M: I did it on my own!

No comments: