Saturday, April 9, 2016

The "Bridal" Party

We had T's Birthday party on Valentine's Day.  For months and months she has been asking me if I will wear many different things on her Birthday.  She asked me once if I would wear my wedding dress on her Birthday.  That gave me an idea.  We had a "Bridal" Princess party of her Birthday.  My parents were in town for the fun.  T wanted to have a few of her best buds come for cake and fanciness.  While talking about the event at church one of my friends decided to join the fun.  T LOVES her and was thrilled she came.  

It isn't easy to be a mom and prepare for a party (even a very simple one like this was) in a wedding dress.  I am so thankful my mom was here to help out, just walking was a challenge.  I did ditch the veil eventually which helped a lot. 

We served the special pink strawberry cake that I had growing up.  Even though it was gluten and dairy free, my parents said it tasted a lot like the real deal.  I am so thankful to carry on this tradition with my daughter.  
T: Mommy was a Queen bride and I was a Princess!

T: All the girls were so fancy!!!
One more good one of T!
Fancy dresses, but sensible socks!

T: I loved my princess cake and all the yummy "Miss Mardy's" on the cake!

T: We were ready to eat!

T: It was glowing!

T: Then I blew them out!

T: The cake was tasty!
This party was very simple.  You won't see it pinned anywhere and that is fine with me. T's love tank was filled with tasty cake and pretty girls.
Muffins, fruit, and cake!  Simple and perfect! 
M: Our hats were also noses!
We all had fun being fancy too!

T: I didn't want a picture with Mommy (yes, a second dress).  I wanted to wrestle!
T: OK, one quick picture!
T: This is more like it.  (All the guys had on plaid.  Too funny)
T: I am the winner!
Awww!

No comments: