Saturday, May 14, 2016

Easter Weekend 2016


We had a wonderful Easter weekend.  I had been talking with my parents for some time about them coming over Easter weekend.  A couple of weeks before Easter they told me that my Grandma B was thinking of coming too!  I was so excited.  It had been two years since Grandma was here.  They were all able to come and we enjoyed a wonderful short weekend together.  They arrived on Saturday afternoon and my Grandma treated us to bunny cutout cookies that even I could have.  What a fun surprise.  We had Chinese food for supper.  I stayed up late prepping as much food as possible for Easter.  I love to cook big meals!  Love it!  I think I get that from my Grandma.  There is something incredible about a table full of special people and special food.  I prepped an egg bake for the church brunch as well.

Easter Sunday was a fun filled day.  I hid 5 eggs for each of the kids.  I put one fruit snack in each egg.  They were THRILLED!  T was a little put off that there wasn't "white in the middle of the egg."  She was hoping for hard boiled eggs but was happy with fruit snacks too!  We want to keep the main thing (Christ Arose) the main thing, but do a little special something as well!

After the sugary snack we tried to take photos.  The kids were not super cooperative, but I will share the best ones.

Then we headed over to church for the brunch.  It is such a fun time for the church family.  Fellowship Hall was hopping!  Haha, I just got the Easter pun which wasn't intended.  The Resurrection Service was incredible!  I am so thankful to worship a Risen King!

After church we had left-overs and naps. After naps we played and I prepped Easter dinner.  We had a great meal with all our Easter/feast favorites.  I have started to include the "Best Ever Sweet Potatoes" (not super healthy) for all the feast meals, not just Thanksgiving.  They are just too good!

The next morning the kids headed back to school and my family headed home.  It was s short but special visit.  I am so thankful that my Grandma B is so healthy and she was able to do this trip.  I hope they can all come again soon!

Before Resurrection is Good Friday.  Brandon and our friend Meghan did a great job in a special 60 Minutes drama this year!

Not quite looking like my loving husband!

Brandon was showing a little knee haha!
The best photo of the kids and me!

Check out M's new haircut!

My fancy family!

Four Generations!

The best photo of the grands with mom and dad!

T is adding extra cheese, but otherwise a great photo!  

Spinning during the Easter Breakfast.
Crazy kids :)
I recruited an expert ham carver.  M was very eager to watch the process!
About to enjoy our feast!

Thankful that a selfie stick allowed us to all be in the photo!
M needed to take one photo!  A pretty good shot!

T was shy at first, but she had a great time playing with Great Grandma!
Sweet Hugs!

A group shot before the bus came!
Playing before her bus arrived!

No comments: