Wednesday, May 11, 2016

My Little Llama!


It isn't new news to anyone that adoption is a big part of our family.  Sharing genetics is of little value when it comes to my heart's ability to love and care for another.  Shortly after M came home God allowed me to meet an incredible then high school student named Jamie.  Jamie spent A LOT of time with us while she was in high school.  I have written about her many times.  She is now serving in the Marines and we are so proud of her.  She lives far away so we don't see her often, but we were able to see her late this winter.  Right as she was about to go I begged her to take a few quick pictures so I could have some updated pics of us together.  I am so thankful I did. I chuckle when I look at the photos because we didn't even take time to see if they looked good.  We literally took these three total pictures. Oh well.

Why the post title?  When Jamie was spending a lot of time here, M was obsessed with Anna Dewdney's Llama Llama books.  Because Jamie is not my daughter and she has supportive and loving mom, I became her "Mama Llama"  mom.  It was an honor to disciple her in high school and an honor to be a part of her life today too.  I often tell her the classic lines from the book, "Little Llama don't you know, Mama Llama loves you so.  Mama Llama's always near, even when she's not right here."  I look forward to our next time together!

A very quick selfie!
These two have a special bond!

My girls!

No comments: