Thursday, July 28, 2016

Garden and Door Upgrades!

In the last couple of weeks we have done a bit of upgrading at our house.  We have been overlooking some things that are in much need of repair and the time finally came to deal with them.  The tiles around our garden have gotten so warped and rotten and dangerous over the years.  We finally decided to replace them.  The finished product is lovely!  T wanted to be just like Brandon.  She is wearing shoes, gloves, hat, ear protection, and sunglasses!  She is in stripes incase you can't tell them apart!  

T: Twins!!!
T: Usually Daddy works and I talk to him!
T: I look like a real worker!  (Yes, her cheeks are being squeezed in by the ear muffs)
The other recent project was a new storm door on our backdoor.  About six years ago we had new siding and windows put on.  For some reason we didn't get a new backdoor.  It has slowing been getting less and less functional.  A good friend from church came to install it one day.  T loved talking and talking and talking to Will while he worked.  Poor guy.  I actually begged her to watch a movie at one point knowing that he needed to get work done.  He was a good sport about it.  We are so thankful for Will's help and our beautiful new and fully functional backdoor!

T: What are you doing Will?  W: I am trying to figure out how to install the door. 
T: Maybe I can help you!
T: I decided to sit RIGHT NEXT to Will so I could ask questions and take notes.  Sometimes I would put things in his pocket.  I never stopped talking. 
*If you noticed the can of wasp spray... we did find a hole filled with bumble bees right by our door.  Another reason we are thankful to have a door that fully closes!
T: So Will, what is your favorite thing about installing doors? 
We convinced her to give Will a little space, but she wasn't willing to go too far.
T: I decided to make a little nest right by Will so I could keep bothering talking to him.

No comments: