Friday, July 29, 2016

It's beginning to look a lot like Fishmas!


Each year we have a big festival in town dedicated to Fish.  The anticipation at our house rivals Christmas.  M woke up at 4:00am 4 of 5 days leading up to the festival.  The festival is big enough that many compare it to Christmas and call the day before it Fishmas Eve!  Fishmas Day was great this year.  The weather was lovely.

We had a wonderful time watching the parade with dear friends.  The kids just love the floats and the characters and the bands.  Such special memories!  After the parade we came home for lunch and naps, even M took a nap.  Brandon decided to work at home and I was able to get a walk in.  Yahoo!!!  Once the kids woke up we walked down to the festival for Fish and Chips.  The kids calls the fries "fish chips" and they LOVE them!  We did our best to support the local Kiwanis with several purchases!  This was our first year not taking a stroller.  The kids were not excited about the hike home.  We ended up carrying them a lot of the way.

We ate true dinner at home and then the kids and I watched Mary Poppins while Brandon worked.  I fell asleep, but they managed to stay awake all the way until the fireworks.  We enjoyed watching them with some friends at our favorite spot and then came home and crashed.  It was a full and wonderful day!

T: I brought a lot of things with me to the parade.  That's just how I roll!

T: OK, I have my thumb and tired and my animal.  Let the parade begin!

T: I love hugging those big guys!

T: I am so happy!  M: I want a hug too!

The bubble truck is approaching!
BUBBLES!!!!

M: I sure do love my J!

M: My buddy Corey came to say hi!

We love celebrating with local friends who feel like family!

M: It is pretty much Christmas!

T: I even saw Smokey the Bear!
T was so excited that she and Brandon had matching Blueberry yogurt for a special Fishmas Day treat!
T: We both have blue-ber-arry yogurt!
T: WE HAVE THE SAME SPOONS TOO!!!!!!!
T: AND Mommy made crock pot beans.  The broth is so good!

No comments: