Monday, September 19, 2016

Grandparents B-day visit!


The kids had a blast at National Night Out, but they had no idea that more fun was right around the corner.  My parents arrived at our house while we were at the event.  The kids had no clue, especially since we had just seen them a week before.  Yes, we did a lot in that week, but still it was just a week!  

When we pulled up to the house the kids were so excited to see their vehicle in the driveway.  The kids came into the house screaming only to find the house empty.  My parents were in the backyard waiting.  The kids had lots of energy.  The Olympics were on, there were new gifts to show, and of course M was eager to open his gifts from Grandma and Grandpa.

Mikias' big gift from my parents was roller-skates that can convert to rollerblades.  He was very excited about the gift.

M: Wow!  I want to try them out!
M: Look everyone, I can do it.

After trying the skates for only a few minutes M declared that he was ready for roller blades. Brandon switched them out and he tried a bit that night.
T: Grandpa Daryl and I were watching the pretty gymnastics girls!
T: That hula hoop is not easy! 
M and Grandpa Daryl were up early and M was very eager to practice roller blading.  I think it was quite a workout for Grandpa.
M: You can go faster Grandpa.
After a little indoor practice we decided to put on all the pads and head outdoors.  We gave him pads for his Birthday, so he had pads without the actual roller blades.
I can stand on my own.
M: The curve was a little tricky.
M: I moved WITHOUT holding someone hand.  It was intense.
Once the kids got dressed they invented another game that gave Grandpa a workout.

M: Grandpa leg rides are great!
T: Yahoo Grandpa!
Super Grandpa!
We received a note the day before that we could not flush or drain water for much of the day.  We were not excited about this note, especially since we were having company.  The kids and I became friends with one of the workers and he told us the exact time that drainage would be bad.  We were all able to shower and get ready before the time we needed to stop draining water.  

We decided to head to the splash pad we went to the previous week.  We brought lots of snacks and planned to stay a while.  First we played on the massive playground.

We look small next to this big guy.
T: I want to be in the next Olympics!
After lots of playing on the playground and swinging on the swings we got ready for the splash pad.  I continue to be so thankful for a van that can double as a changing room!

M: I was a lot more brave with the squirter this time around!
M: Thanks for the extra help Grandma Kathy!
Catching Water. 
Running through the sprayers.
Such a summer beauty. 
T:  My favorite place to catch the water is my mouth!
After we were all played out and snacked out we were ready to head home.  Shortly after lunch the sewer workers were finished and we were in the flushing and draining business again.  The rest of the day was filled with naps, going out to eat, and Olympics.  My parents left the next morning.  It was a very short visit, but a good visit indeed!  I am so thankful that they both have flexible schedules and are able to come and share special time with our family.

No comments: