Thursday, September 22, 2016

The August Melting Pot!


This post is full of many "mini" posts of other adventures from August as well as the mundane moments of joy!

Every night before T closes the door she asks me a question, "Will you wear your pajamas in the morning?"  She is sometimes heartbroken when I have showered before she gets up.  Sometimes when I am still in my PJ's she is just so delighted!  To see T delighted is to become delighted yourself!
T: I love Mommy in her pajamas! 
One Tuesday in August we loaded up the van for a day of fun with "two sweet boys" I nannied for long ago.  They are still sweet, but have grown so much.  The kids are so busy while we are there.  The movement is constant.  I fail to capture most of the sweetness.  Here are some pictures of the kids at the park before T's biggest meltdown of the summer.  The calm before the storm.

M and T: They have Little Libraries at their parks too. 
T: We found a little worn friend to watch! 
T is super creative.  She loves to play school and make craft projects with/for her class.  This project included  drawing and cutting out the animal, gluing it, and decorating it.  We think it is a seal or something like it.

T: I was drawing the eyes on the seal. 
Biased parents are impressed!
The Christmas before T came home, M was given this cool microphone and stand.  We lost several of the parts for years, but recently discovered that we had the parts needed to get the stand working.  The kids enjoyed a more legit looking mic stand!

T: I sure love to sing.
M: I love to sing too!
M: Wheel barrow races are not as easy as they look. 
My wonderful friend Charissa and I are walking the streets of our hometown again this summer. I mean, we are literally walking every inch of every street only starting at one of our homes. We enjoyed some great long walks on Sunday afternoons.  Now that summer is over and other life craziness is happening we don't get to walk as much. Our walks provide a work out, therapy, and friendship all in one. I could go for a walk right now!

We are still smiling after the workout!
I think I mentioned in the MO road trip post that we had family pictures taken.  Well, here is a sneak peek of one of our favorites!  The pictures turned out great.

Our family!
We have been collecting "milk carton blocks" for over a year now.  The concept is simple.  All you have to do is stick two clean and dry cartons together and you have a block.  Since we drink a lot of almond milk we have lots of blocks.  Our buddies K and J came over to play one day and they made some pretty amazing things with the blocks!

M: I couldn't believe that they made an actual roof!
T: Playdates with J are SO MUCH fun!  
My kids may be 4.5 and 7, but I can still wear BOTH of them in carriers at once.  It doesn't feel as ergonomic as it once did, but it gets the job done.  They were both is tears when I put them in and much calmer when photographed!

Handsfree parenting my preschooler and first grader!

No comments: