Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Back to School and First Day of School 2016


October 4th... the perfect day to post about going back to school... haha... I am a bit behind, but in all fairness, we just did so much in August that it is taking a while to get it all up on the blog.

As I said in a previous post, as soon as the kids got home from MO we went right to school supply drop off.  M's eye was very swollen because of the wasp sting he got in MO.  He was stung on the eye and the back of the head.

M: I am so glad that Mrs. G is going to be my 1st grade teacher. 
T: I wanted to be in a picture too. 

September 1st was the big first day!  I chuckle when I see the photos of M with this jacket.  This beloved jacket was worn his first day of preschool.  I wish we would have gotten several in bigger sizes!  Brandon got home from biking in plenty of time to see him off. 

M: I was a little nervous about my first day. 
M: It is so hard to really know what I want to be when I grow up, I am only seven you know. 
Love my first grader!!!
M: I was SO GLAD to see Miss Cheryl.  She is a great bus driver!
Once we saw M off to school T and I headed to her school for supply drop off.  She is in a different building than M this year.  We met one of her teachers and got to know the room.  She was very eager to go to school and sad that M was at school when she wasn't.

M: I think I am going to like my new 4K class!
About a week after M's first day, T finally had her first day of school.  She was pretty excited to be going to school.  Not starting until the afternoon has worked out pretty well for her.  She can move slowly in the morning and get in lots of good mommy cuddles before the bus comes.  Starting later is pretty hard on her appearance.  Her hair is always falling out of the pony tail and the clothes sometimes have spills.  We just go with it! She is also making the transition away from daily naps.  She goes to school 4 afternoons a week so she still gets 3 naps a week.  It is going OK so far.  Things get pretty sketchy by the end of the week!

M: I was so excited about my first day!
T: Check out my new princess backpack!
T: Mommy was excited too!
T: Daddy was excited too!
T: See you later Mom and Dad!

This is where the plot thickens!!!!!!  We were told that Mr. Jeff was going to take T to school.  When another bus pulled up we thought there was a change in plans and we went with it.  Then as the bus was pulling away, T's actual bus slowed down in front of our house.  I was ill.  What happened?  What had I done?  Where did the first bus take my daughter.  I had seen her driver before so I knew she was legit and not making off with my daughter, but I was worried she went to the wrong school.  I decided to go for a walk and pray and try to calm down.  I was a few blocks from the house when the first driver flagged me down and told me that T was on the bus list for two schools.  Amazingly Miss Cheryl (mentioned above) knew where T was supposed to be and got on the radio and cleared everything up.  I was so thankful that the bus driver saw me and filled me in.  I was able to have a very relaxing walk knowing that T was where she was supposed to be.

Her school ends at 3:10 so I was waiting for her bus and it didn't come and didn't come.  I started to panic again.  Finally M's bus pulls up and T gets off with M.  I didn't know they were riding home together.  This has worked out pretty OK.  We have not had any more hiccups since day one.  I am glad we know the system now.  T loves school and misses it on her days off! She will often tell us that she doesn't want to go to school, but she is always grinning from ear to ear when she gets off the bus.

The kids have both had a very good start to the school year.  They are learning so much.  Sometimes it is hard to comprehend all that their little brains know.  It is such a joy to see M reading real books and to see T learning more and more about letters and numbers.  We continue to feel so very blessed to be a part of such an amazing school district.  I could write for days about how perfect our schools are for our kiddos!  Thanks be to God!

No comments: