Sunday, January 22, 2017

Christmas Program Take One

Our first Christmas program of the year was M's school program.  He started learning the Christmas songs in early November... or was it October.  Anyway, we all knew every song quite well. 

The night of the concert T was having a hard time.  M and I went in before T and Brandon and reserved seats and then I dropped off M.  While I was dropping off M, Brandon and T came in and reserved different seats.  I ended up moving to their spot.  I am glad that I did because we were able to see M very well.  I ache that I did because he didn't see us the entire time.  We later learned that he thought we were not there at all because he couldn't find us.  Oh how my heart ached.  This boy who fears abandonment every single day truly thought that we ditched him at his first Christmas concert.  Yuck.  

Lots of love and reassurance and time has hopefully helped him understand the situation.  Now on to the photos.

Someone tucked in or told M to tuck in his shirt.  He spent most of the first song focused on slowly untucking his shirt.  It was hilarious!

M: We were ready to start.

M: My shirt felt much better once I untucked it. 

M: The actions were so much fun!

LOTS of first and second graders.
M: I am SO GLAD that Curt and Deb (local "grandparents") were able to come.  I sure love them!

No comments: