Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Church Directory Photos for the WIN!

Wow!  We had a crazy day back in November.  T didn't have school because it was Friday.  M had a half day.  The kids and I had to drive about 45 minutes north of our town to pick up 100 pounds of beef.  Then we had to drive to a University south of us for an OT assessment thing.  We were all so weary when we got home, but I promised T a playdate and M a taco night... and I knew we had another commitment looming... directory pictures.  The kids were so dysregulated when we arrived at the church I was not even sure it was going to happen.  They were kicking each other, saying hurtful things, causing quite a scene.  Then something amazing happened... Brandon got his directory staff picture taken and they just sort of calmed down.  It was wild.  They would go in a out of regulation and I was pretty doubtful that we had any real winners.  We had recently won a photo shoot at a silent auction so I wasn't in the market for photos that day, but when I looked at the finished product I knew we couldn't just walk away.  

We got some great shots.  We were able to use one photo for the Christmas card, but really we got several great ones.  Enjoy! 

Our family - the classic directory shot. 
She asked what color background we wanted and I wasn't thinking at all.  I saw Brandon's blue shirt so when M said blue I thought fine.  A bit of a strange choice, but oh well.

A second family pose. 

Christmas Card Worthy!
Such a sweet shot.  I think the photographer was planning to frame this one!
Strong and Mighty T!
Curious and Brave M!
I sure do love this man!

No comments: