Sunday, January 15, 2017

Election Night

Do you all remember that historic night in early November?  I was cleaning and getting steps and prepping back packs and popping in to the family room to get updates.  I didn't stay up until the end.  I went to sleep with a pretty good idea of the outcome.  I learned that night that polls are not always true.  I learned to expect the unexpected.  

At about 11:00 M woke up to go to the bathroom.  I thought they were getting close to calling some states so I asked him if he wanted to stay up.  You can see from his expression that he was thrilled for the chance to be up late at night.  

M and I had a good talk late that night.  I sort of broke the news to him about the potential outcome.  He was angry.  I had never told him anything in either direction about either candidate.  I did tell him that night that I didn't vote for either of the major candidates.  He formed his own opinions.  I reminded him that we live in a wonderful country and that God calls us to respect those in authority.  We talked about praying for our next President and our country.  

The following morning M and I got on the computer together and learned of President elect Trump.  

This post is scheduled to post just a few days before inauguration.  I am reminded again that God is bigger than man and that He alone knows the future.  He is faithful and we can trust Him.  Please join me in prayer for our country and our next president. 

M: I got to stay up late!  (Yep, we still have a 90's TV and it works)
M: I was very excited to be up super late!

No comments: