Sunday, January 8, 2017

October means... Fire Station Open House!!!

Each October we look forward to the Fire Station Open House.  It becomes like a holiday for us.  We race down to the station after church.  We love the lift truck and the ride through town.  The kids explore other engines, pretend to put out a fire, try on equipment, and enjoy time with friends.  

First the lift truck!
A lovely day.  A lovely family.  Lovely views!  (yes, that is a mermaid dress)
Next up... fire truck ride!

T: I like to ride in style. 

M: We are ready!
T: We are ready too!
T: I loved waving to people and pretending I was in a parade!
Next up... putting out fires!

M: It takes a lot of focus. 

M: Keep trying L!

M: I needed a second turn.  It was so fun. 

M: I thought maybe the fire was spreading so I watered the whole area to be safe. 

T: I am putting on a real fire jacket.  I think the boots might be too big. 

T: I got the boots on.  They go up to my underwear!

No comments: