Saturday, January 14, 2017

Trick or Treating Times Two... and a Grand Visit.

Brandon's parents came and visited the last weekend in October.  It was a fun time to have them visit because of all the Trick or Treating activities going on.  Saturday was full of candy!  It was a BEAUTIFUL day!  You know it is warm when I don't wear a jacket!  We spent them morning (after a walk, swimming lessons and work day) trick or treating down town at businesses and the farmer's market.  The kids had great fun seeing friends and teachers from school and getting candy.  M was not sure about wearing his helmet so the kids decided to put all the dairy candy in it.  I was designated as the carrier of the helmet. 

M and T:  We were so excited to get candy!!!
M and T: Trick or Treat!
With our neighbor S.
T:  I can't believe that C and E were trick or treating too!
T: I liked the fancy costumes the workers were wearing.
After our time trick or treating we enjoyed a lunch outside.  The kids enjoyed a bit of food and A LOT of candy!  The popcorn store gave big bags of kettle corn.  It was a hit!
T: I will share a little bit with you. 
Enjoying the great weather!
After lunch T and Grandma Judy took naps.  Brandon worked and I supervised a game of tomato ball.  There were several tiny green tomatoes left in the garden and M and Tom decided it would be fun to try to hit them.  The mess wasn't too bad and the joy was pretty big!

T:  I don't know about this Grandpa Tom. 

M: I swung...

M: And it splattered. 
After T woke up it was time to turn on our light and hope for a few trick or treaters on our street.  M was calling them from other streets to come to our house.  I think we had about 10 trick or treaters total.  We lie on a quiet street.

M: Come to our house.  I will give you A LOT of candy!
The kids quickly decided that getting more candy would be more fun than waiting and waiting to hand out candy.  They were both eager to go, but M was ready to be done very quickly.  I am pretty sure T would have continued until midnight and covered every inch of our town, but M makes his opinions known so we came home and had dinner.

M: It was so much walking.  G and G helped a lot. 
One more jump in the leaf pile!
After dinner there was a bit of playing in the basement before bedtime.  T was probably in sugar shock!
T: I just love cuddling with Grandpa Tom. 
Sunday morning was filled with church and Sunday School.  After getting home the kids did some playing outside.  It was still pretty warm, but much cooler than the day before. T said she wanted to try M's rollerblades.  I was very skeptical, but she put them on and did VERY well.

T: This is pretty fun. 

T: Check out this new skill!
T: This feels a little dangerous. 
After rollerblading/scootering, the kids got to try some of Grandma Judy's special beads.  The beads are white indoors, but turn color instantly when they hit UV rays.  It was very cool.  The kids each made a bracelet.
T: I like all the pink and purple beads.  M: I like all the colors. 

T: We were checking out my beads. 
After outside play it was time for lunch and nap and then snuggling and reading and playing at home.  I am pretty sure we went out to our favorite local place for dinner later that night.  T"s outfit reminded me of Helen Hunt's outfits in Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.  T and I had recently watched the movie so she was happy to know she matched the character. 

T: I love cuddling with Grandma Tom. 

T: Candy, books, and Grandpa... the perfect combination. 

T: "I love to dance." 

T: I look like a movie star. 
Don't worry, the kids didn't live on candy alone until it was gone.  After the weekend we hid the candy at church only to be used for special occasions and for the dreaded unfair moment when once kid brings home a treat and the other doesn't. 

Brandon's parents stayed until Monday morning.  M got one more special morning with Grandma and Grandpa and T got another chance to do marbles.  It was a good weekend!

M: Magic Tree House with Grandma!  

M: I sure do love this guy!
T: Let's send them all down really fast Grandpa!

No comments: