Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Nikky and Jake to the rescue!


If you read our MO road trip post you know that Nikky and Jake arrived at our house just before we arrived home from our road trip.  

I was so giddy seeing them.  The kids were confused and then super excited!  M grabbed Jake and T grabbed Nikky and Brandon and I quickly unpacked the van is blissful peace.  Typically, transitioning home from the grandparents is super tricky, but with Nikky and Jake here, things went so well.  

Nikky and Jake continued to play with the kids while I cooked and Brandon put things away.  The kids were regulated and filled with joy to show their new toys to their friends.  It might sound crazy to host people right as you get home from a Christmas road trip, but it felt perfectly natural.  Because I lived in the dorms with Nikky and then in a house with her I am very comfortable with her.  Nikky came to our house right after move in a stripped wallpaper with me for countless hours.  She is such a faithful friend with a servant's heart.  Jake is a great husband for Nikky!  We could not have asked for a more perfect situation to come home to!

We all enjoyed time together eating and laughing and playing.  We took a little break to put the kids to bed and then the adults chatted for quite a while.  Eventually the guys went to bed and Nikky and I continued to talk.  We stayed up late because our time together was short.  We solved most of the world's problems, laughed, and maybe had a few tears.  I am so thankful for our friendship and our ability to pick up right where we left off no matter how long it is between our times together. 

The next morning we just hung out and played and laughed and ate and enjoyed being together.  Jake was late in joining us because he was captivated by an I Survived book and needed to read the whole thing. They are really good.  Nikky and Jake had to leave in the early afternoon.  We were so thankful to be included in their marathon Christmas road trip schedule.  

M: I LOVE spending time with Jake. 

T: Nikky and I played Barbies and did workbooks! 

M: This guy makes me smile!!
T: I love to tickle Jake. 

M: I like to tickle him too. 

T: This massage thing makes me laugh.  Is it really supposed to be calming?  Hmmm

So thankful for this amazing woman!

No comments: