Saturday, September 23, 2017

Connecting with the Adoptive Community


This is the perfect day to do a post about adoption.  Today (in real time) we had our big adoption/orphan care fundraiser event.  I don't know how it went because I am writing this post early.  I will be a bit busy on the 23rd!   Almost three months ago our church held an amazing event for Adoptive Families to connect with each other. We had over 120 people, our biggest and most special event ever!  We had a great potluck, wonderful speakers, encouraging breakout sessions, and AMAZING child programming!!!  It is a VERY special thing to be surrounded by people who "get it" when it comes to adoption!  


Seeing adoptive families get to know each other is a beautiful thing!
Parents got to hear from 4 great speakers... I was not one of them, just introducing them!
Having 4 breakouts helped people to learn more about what they were most interested in. 
M: I love being with other adopted kids!

M: We made things and did some experiments too!

T: I was fancy as usual!

T: Like my creations? 

All the older kids ended with some relaxing yoga... hopefully they all slept well! 

No comments: