Thursday, September 21, 2017

Summer School


We feel so blessed to be part of such a great school district with such a stellar summer school program.  Summer school starts the week after VBS and lasts for 5 weeks.  It meets from 8:00-12:30 M-F.  
M was able to take some very fun classes this summer.  He took: Art, Ocean Adventures, Animals A-Zoo, Voices in Motion, Turn the Beat Around (Drumming), Yoga, Zoom into Games (card games/party games) and Fun in the Sun (outdoor games).   I think he really liked most of his classes, but I would guess that voices in motion and the animal classes were his favorite.  I need to mention that the classes are essentially free.  Some classes have a small fee, but his total fee was $13.

Each day T and I would meet him (and several friends) at one of the schools and walk over to Park.  Park is just one block from Summer School.  Next year he might be able to walk alone, but T will be with him so I am not sure.  

The last day of each session (there are two sessions) the kids are able to show off their talents.  M got to perform some of his new drumming skills!  

M: I had to read the music and listen for my part. 

M: It is fun when it all comes together! 

No comments: