Monday, October 9, 2017

2 Grands, 2 Kids, 0 Parents!

During the summer of 2016 the kids went to Brandon's parent's home for several days and had a blast! We decided this should be an annual thing!

After arriving home from our road trip on Saturday and having one day to rest a bit the kids were very excited to wake up and learn that they would be heading to Grandpa Tom and Grandma Judy's.  I drove the kids to the half way point and met Tom and Judy at a truck stop.  It was a good place to make the drop off.  

The kids had a GREAT week with Grandpa Tom and Grandma Judy!  Since I wasn't there I will just share pictures and some highlights I learned about. 

Apparently T is now a car sleeper... wow!
Cousins A and A take Jui Jitsu and M and T went along to check it out.  T joined in the whole class.  M wanted to just watch, but joined in for the last couple of minutes!


M: It was fun to watch. 

T: I was learning some cool stuff. 

M: Time to cuddle with Grandma. 

M: I went in for a minute to hear about bullies. 

The girls were busy with another fashion show!

T: Grandma's scarves make great skirts!

A and A were about to start school, so the day after the kids arrived they went to the lake for a fun filled day of tubing and pre-skiing.  The kids were much more independent this time around.  They were in the water without adults or big cousins and did great!  The boys loved tubing outside of the wake and enjoyed being whipped around.  They are growing up!

Cousin loving!

In the air!

Ready to jump!

Enjoying the water with Grandpa Tom

T: We did a lot of watching the boys!

Very relaxed
Sweet Girls!

The boys tubing!

They went outside the wake... and LOVED it!!  Wild tubing summer 2018 already planned!

T skiing!
M Skiing!

After the lake the girls made some cupcakes with Grandma Judy.  They enjoyed a tasty meal with Uncle Curt too!

T: We like baking!

M: I love being here!

Morning pet time with Spot!  The bench got fixed!

T: Spot is a good cat!

M: I just can't stop reading!

T: I got a Lego set gift!
T: Thanks for helping me A!

Indoor picnic!

Mermaid!!!!
Person holding a ball... I think? 

Very sweet!

They did some sightseeing in town and got to pet a dog, look for potential Christmas gifts, and ride some coin operated machines.  Looks like fun!

Sweet Pup!

T: There was a lot to learn about!

M: I wish this was real!

A queen's crown!
A dog!

T: I got a pre- Christmas gift from Uncle Curt!

M: I got this pre-Christmas gift from Uncle Curt!

I really love it!

They played many games!

On the last full day Grandpa Tom took the kids to the lake to swim at the beach!

She looks so grown up!

So happy!
I went to pick them up on Saturday, and my drive to get them was quite eventful.  I was planning to arrive quite early for pick up.  I figured I would go for a walk, eat my lunch, and read my book.  While I was driving I merged onto a new highway and traffic was basically stopped.  It took me an entire hour to go 3 miles.  It was crazy.  A semi had jack-knifed and all the lanes had to merge.  Luckily I was able to text Tom and Judy (when I was in park, don't worry) and let them know.  They extended their lunch stop and didn't have to wait too long for me.

This was the reason for the delay!
We are so thankful for this wonderful opportunity for the kid and for us!  Check out tomorrow's post to see what Brandon and I did while the kids were with Grandma and Grandpa!

No comments: