Friday, October 13, 2017

Books and Buddies

August 22nd felt like day one of the final chapter of summer vacation!  We had already done so much, but VBS, Summer School, Park, camps, vacations, and sabbatical had helped to structure our days up until this point.  Navigating the last couple weeks of vacation with very tired kids seemed daunting to me.  I am happy to report that with the help of many, we made it through and created more memories. 

We had two very fun things planned for the 22nd.  The day started with a playgroup field trip to one of our favorite book themed parks.  I didn't get too many photos because honestly, both kids were a pretty hot mess most of the time.  I was so thankful for the amazing other moms who were with me.  They kept me sane!  We brought L with us on the way and then another mom took him home so we could continue our adventure. 


Hop on our bus mom!

"Jack and Annie" lovers checking out the view from the Magic Treehouse!

After the morning at the park we headed to see some dear friends who live near this park.  Adoption brought our families together.  I am SO thankful for my relationship with Heidi, mom to the three boys below.  I treasure our conversations and look forward to them between visits.  Our kids love being with these big boys and their great dog.

A pretty great crew!
I love watching them just hang out together. 

M and J were both born in Ethiopia.  This bond is very special to M.  J is trying to help M with the ripstick which is quite challenging to learn.

M: I am so glad that J was there to help!

We managed to take a rough start to the day and turn it to joy.  We all left the playdate feeling joy filled!

No comments: