Thursday, October 12, 2017

M's longest ride... 11 miles!

The kids arrived home from Grandpa Tom and Grandma Judy's on Saturday evening.  We hit up a pig roast that night.  On Sunday we chose another new church to check out.  Brandon's sabbatical was almost over.  After church and lunch on Sunday we drove to our favorite pool a couple of towns away.  I wish we would have taken pictures there this summer, but since we are wet most of the time we don't really think about pictures.  Anyway, while we were there we talked about what to do on the last day of Brandon's sabbatical and we made a plan.

On Monday morning Brandon and the kids biked from home to the town where this pool was.  It took them a long time.  Once in this town they had lunch at a fun 50's dinner and then I drove down and met them at the pool.  We did several hours of swimming and then I took M's bike and he rode in the cart home so that I could get home first and start dinner.  It turned out to be a very full and special day!

We needed to get a few photos before they left.

M: I feel strong and ready to bike!
I love my biking family!
I was watching their ride on cycle meter and I noticed that they stopped A LOT!  M needed many snack and rest breaks.  After watching Willy Wonka live earlier in the summer he knew just wear to stick his gum!

M: I knew the best way to save my gum for later!

Stopping at the bridge to get some honks and waves!

They ate lunch both outdoors and indoors.  Brandon can't remember why they did this. The ride took place on eclipse day, which as you can see by the gray skies, was not very impressive in our area.

M: We love this kind of tasty food after a long ride!

Looks like they were having fun!

We are so thankful for all the memories we were able to make with Brandon over the sabbatical.  It was so beautiful to see M care more for Brandon as the month went on.  The summer was rough on their relationship, but with lot of time together in August, things ended much better than they started. Thanks be to God!

No comments: