Monday, October 2, 2017

Playground Rec 2017


M could not wait for summer vacation 2017,  and one of the things he was most excited about was Park!  The local park and rec program has a special summer program that meets in local parks.  M loved it in the summer of 2016.  You can read more about that HERE.  Once again we were blown away by the care and dedication of the leaders and the joy of the children participating.  

One day I arrived early for pick up and all the kids were playing a great PE style outdoor game.  They were having SO MUCH FUN.  I started to cry.  The joy, laughter, physical activity, outdoor fun, and friends were all things I cherished in my summers growing up.  I was outside every day all day with my neighborhood friends.  I am so grateful for a program that provides a safe structured way for M to get those kind of experiences.  

He was able to go to the pool twice and Skateland once as part of the summer program.  We are so blessed to live is such a great community with such special programming for our kids.  T can't wait to join in the fun next summer! 

M: I loved my leader L!

M: Really, all my leaders were great!

M: I really wanted a picture with the leaders from the other parks too!

M: See this girl holding me?  She has been my special buddy for two summers!

M and T: We spotted our buddy J when we were about to leave and we needed a photo with him!

No comments: