Thursday, October 5, 2017

The big summer trip part one

 The day after our local fair we began our journey to see my family and then to travel further to see some dear friends and the place where Brandon and I fell in love, and then to spend a few more days with my family.  

Because we were with my family at two different times, because T likes to wear the same clothes for little bits of time each day, and because a couple of months have passed since this actually happened... this post might be a bit out of order.  I feel like it is pretty accurate, but I am not sure. 

We left home on Saturday. We had quite an uneventful journey to MN which is just the way we like it.  The kids watched two movies, and listened to some Geronimo Stilton CD's.

On Sunday we went to my parent's church for the first time ever.  It was nice to be able to meet their pastor and see how they do church each week. My grandma was able to join us for church and then come back to my parents and eat and spend time with us.  

M continued to be Grandpa Daryl's shadow.  The guys spent a lot of time outside.  My parents have a bike that was a great size for M and he rode the bike a lot!  Now that T is done with training wheels she will enjoy riding a bike that is her size as well. 

T: First we played Princess Memory! 
The girls decided they wanted to play alone in T's room downstairs.  Great Grandma decided to join in the fun.  T has a monitor in her room so we were able to hear their sweet conversations upstairs.

T: I taught A and Great Grandma everything I learned at Princess Camp. 

T: We had fun being princesses together. 

After their time downstairs the girls decided to put on a show for us!

First... strike a pose... love A's wink!

T: We started out slow...

T: ...and before long we were really into it!
Mom and I went grocery shopping and the guys went with the kids over to Bret's house.  Our kids were very interested in playing with all of cousin A's things and seeing their chickens.  They were fascinated by the way the chickens pecked at the corn cobs. 

T: OK, I'm throwing one in. 
M: They sure were hungry. 
T: I learned how to make a swing out of these two rings!

Apparently the girls must have played inside at some point because suddenly T is wearing a dress that isn't hers! They still LOVE the gator!

T: Hold on tighter A!

M: I really wanted to learn about golfing from Uncle Bret. 

M: The boys were doing the sports, the girls were watching!
On Monday we enjoyed time at my parents house in the morning.

M and T: Our horse didn't go very fast!

Forgive me for posting the next four photos of essentially the same thing.  I love each one of them and simply couldn't choose which ones to leave out!

I am pretty sure Grandma Daryl is telling T something that is making her laugh. 

So sweet!

Big smiles!
Now they have the giggles!

My mom is one of the best readers I know.  The kids love to listen to her read the nursery rhymes I loved as a child.

M and T: Grandma Kathy is a great reader!

Our whole family in one photo!

T loves to help Grandma Kathy in the kitchen.  She even packed her apron so she would be ready to help. 
T:  I helped Grandma make some meatloaf (it is better than mom's)
Once the meatloaf was in the oven it was time for T to make her special dish. T was really into fancy place settings after reading a Fancy Nancy book about tea parties. She wanted to make name places using marshmallows.  She also made her own food invention with veggie straws, chips and possibly marshmallows.  She has a make-up case near her because she is getting her recipe from Pintrest.  I get most of my recipes online and she is used to me cooking with my laptop near me so she needed hers too! 

T: First you have to get all the ingredients ready. 
T: Then we had to put the toothpicks in the marshmallows. 
T: Do you like the name cards?  Do you see my recipe in the bowl? 
T: Mommy helped me with the writing. 

After lunch we continued on our journey to Fargo...

No comments: