Saturday, October 7, 2017

The big summer trip part three

Picking up where I left off yesterday ... We arrived back at my parents home late Thursday afternoon.  T had forgotten to give M the cards and gifts she made for him so she couldn't wait to share them with him AS SOON as we walked in the door. 

T: I couldn't wait!

T: I love my brother SO MUCH!

Wow, this girl loves her brother fiercely!

After M opened T's gifts it was time to eat dinner and then have cake and open gifts.  M was hot from the car ride and was eating without a shirt on.  It took a good deal of convincing to get him to put on a shirt.

EIGHT!!!

M: I love my Birthday!

M: I blew it right out!
M, Daddy and I love you very very much!

After cake came presents.  T was given a couple of gifts which was painfully hard for M and of course it was painfully hard for T to watch M open his.  I hope one day they will be able to share in each other's joy!

T: I love present with pretty wrapping!

M: Yay!  I love playing chicken foot!!!

T: Pink Tape!  WOW!!!!

M: I got this Bible as a late gift from mom and dad and I LOVE IT!!!

M: I just wanted to read it the rest of the night. 
T: I wanted to look at it a little bit too!

Friday morning was are last full day with my family and we worked hard to do all we hoped to do!  T and I did puzzles in the morning.  It was fun for both of us to do the puzzles I remember doing as a child.  They just don't make them like this anymore!  

T: I like doing the middle pieces. 
T: We made a good team.  
While T and I puzzled, Brandon biked and my dad and M went fishing.  They always have great fun fishing together in the morning!  After the guys got home it was time for lawnmower rides and playing outside. 

T: I could watch those little guys work for hours!  (She did watch them/torture them for a long time.)
My dad's former co-workers were a fun bunch of practical jokers.  This stuffed primate was in their break room (I think) and now apparently lives in my dad's workshop.  T fell in love with this (obviously) and gave it cuddles and big wheel rides.  It was hilarious to watch her give it rides because it looked like the stuffed animal was actually driving the bike from behind. 


T: I think he is bigger than me!

T: We are really cozy on here!

T: It sure was fun to give him rides!

M: Grandpa stays pretty relaxed because I am a good driver!

T: My buddy got tired so I pushed him along.  We raced M and Grandpa Daryl. 

T: Finally it was my turn to drive!

T: Watch out everyone!  I love turning the wheel more than necessary. 
My parents gave T a floor scooter for OT pulling exercises (heavy work).  She loved/loves it!  

T: I can push myself along this way too!

T: The top is super soft!  I love it!

We told T that we were going to go on a shopping trip for school supplies.  She wanted to come along and pick out a new outfit because the one she got for her 1/2 Birthday was way too big.  She wanted a side pony so she could look super cool at the store.

Fashion Girl Take One!

Take Two!  T: Like my new shades? 

Take Three!  T: I match Grandma Kathy's flowers!
T had a GREAT time shopping.  She loved everything in the store.  She wanted everything for her Birthday.  She was loud and excited about everything.  I don't think there was a single person around us that left our presence without a smile.  Her joy is contagious. She did pick out an outfit that was very soft and fancy.  I scored all the kids school supplies that I could find at the time and two pairs of shoes!  A wildly successful shopping trip.

After we got home we got ready to go to the new Aquatic Center.  My parents picked A up from preschool so she could join us!  My grandma also joined us at the pool!  The air temperature was a bit chilly and the waterslide signs were a bit confusing, but other than that we had a good time. It is very sweet to see A and T play together!


T: We were a little cold!

T: Just stay in the water so we can stay warm. 

A cool feature of this pool was the zip-line.  If a child wants to wear a life jacket, a parent has to go first to be in the water near them.  Brandon was willing to make the sacrifice!

Here's Brandon!

Here comes M!

In the air shot!
After we finished swimming we went back to the house for another family meal with Bret and Addy and Great Grandma!  We did more Birthday celebrating and had more cake!

My favorite almost 86 year old!

M: This cake is going to be SO GOOD!

After dinner the kids played in the rocks under the deck.  My mom put a collection of shells down there and the kids played restaurant.  Very sweet.

T: OK guys we need to get the order ready!

T wanted Uncle Bret to lift her and then A wanted to be lifted at the same time.  It was quite a work out for Uncle Bret.  He was a great sport and the girls were laughing like crazy!

T: That Uncle Bret sure is fun!

T: We decided to put on a show wearing cone hats!  It is fun to look in Grandma's mirror. 

Saturday was the final day of vacation.  We stayed at my parents until after lunchtime so the kids could get in some more fun play time.  Uncle Bret brought over several of A's fun outdoor toys and all the kids enjoyed each other.  T decided that she NEEDED to wear her new outfit even though it was quite warm out!

T: I like totally love my outfit!
T: I am sure thankful for cousin A!
T: Ready for a cruise. 
Buddies!

We had a pretty easy drive home if I remember correctly!  We were all very tired, but feeling very blessed after such a great time with family and friends.  It has been so much fun to look at these photos again.  I am so thankful we were able to do this trip.  I am thankful for each person we were able to spend time with and for all the new memories we made.

No comments: