Tuesday, November 7, 2017

A Mommy Date


Almost a decade ago, when this blog began, I often wrote about "two sweet boys" and their delightful parents.  Even though my time nannying for "two sweet boys" is over, the family is still very dear to me.  Katie was so much more than an employer.  I was so thankful for our wonderful chats during my nanny days.  I am so grateful for them now as well.  It is pretty wild to me that those sweet boys are in middle school, but I am pretty sure it is just as wild to her that my babies are both in school full time. 

Last Spring we started talking about a new season, when we could get together without the kids and just walk and talk and eat and talk some more.  This fall Katie was able to come up for the day.  We enjoyed a 5 mile walk along the Lake front, harbor, lighthouse, coal dock etc and downtown and then a tasty lunch.  Our time together was brief, but very sweet!  I am so thankful for our new season of friendship and am excited to plan another mommy date soon!  Katie is such a great mentor to me and just being around her fills me with peace!

Our view of the Lake!

Our view of downtown/harbor! 

No comments: