Wednesday, May 2, 2018

39 for the first time!

Since you only turn 39 once... if you are guy anyway... we celebrated Brandon in a way for three days!  I sometimes wish that I got really into Birthdays and gifts and things, but in all honesty, I don't!  Brandon's Birthday was on a Monday this year.  That is the day we got up early and flew to Mexico!  Brandon's parents arrived at our house on Saturday so we celebrated on Saturday night with Brandon's favorite Blackberry Cream pie!  Judy and I attempted to light 39 candles on one pie without a lighter.  Not my smartest idea.  I only got a little burnt... and we have a aloe plant so it wasn't too big of a deal!  

A bit stressful!

Look at that flame!

The kids loved it!

One blow!
Sunday morning we had church and all the usual activities.  The kids gave Brandon his gifts in the afternoon.  They both wanted to get him peanut butter cups from Trader Joe's!  Brandon's parents and the kids took up to an airport hotel on Sunday evening.  M had many tears, but T was excited for her week with Tom and Judy and waved good-bye easily.  

I love these three!

M and T: We know you like these Daddy!

Honestly, we didn't do anything too special on Brandon's Birthday, but we were in paradise and away from responsibilities and I am sure there was ice cream involved so it was a good day!

No comments: